|Full Name||Abdul Karim Telgi|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 165 cm
in meters– 1.65 m
in feet inches– 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 80 kg
in pounds– 176 lbs
|Date of Birth||Year- 1961|
|Birth Place||Khanapur, Karnataka|
|Date of Death||27 October 2017|
|Place of Death||Victoria Hospital, Bengaluru|
|Age (at the time of death)||56 Years|
|Death Cause||Multiple organ failure|
|School||Sarvodaya Vidyalaya English Medium High School, Khanapur|
|Family||Father– Name Not Known (Former employee of Indian Railways)
Mother– Shariefabee Ladsaab Telgi
Brother– Not Known
Sister– Not Known
|Controversy||Telgi was the mastermind of one of India’s biggest scams, ‘Telgi Scam,’ a multi-crore counterfeit stamp paper scam. He had initially started by delivering fake passports. To begin with the more complex counterfeiting of stamp papers, he appointed nearly 350 agents, who sold the fakes to those who purchased bulk, including banks, stock brokerage firms, and insurance companies. The size of his business was estimated to a whopping 200 Billion rupees. Several cases were filed against Telgi across the nation in this regard.|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Children||Son- Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Abdul Karim Telgi
- Did Abdul Karim Telgi smoke?: Not Known
- Did Abdul Karim Telgi drink alcohol?: Not Known
- His father, who was an employee of Indian Railways, died when Abdul was quite young.
- He managed to pay his school fee by selling fruits and vegetables on trains.
- Abdul then moved to Saudi Arabia, where he lived for next seven years.
- He then returned to India and started his counterfeiting career, initially with the printing of fake Passports.
- First FIR was lodged against Telgi n the year 1991. He was arrested in 1993 for his involvement in a VISA racket.
- Abdul then acquired stamp paper license in 1994 and expanded his business to more complex counterfeiting of stamp papers, which were sold to the bulk purchasers like banks and insurance companies by his agents.