Some Lesser Known Facts About Antoine Griezmann
- Does Antoine Griezmann smoke?: Not Known
- Does Antoine Griezmann drink alcohol?: Yes
- Antoine’s maternal grandfather, Amaro Lopes was a Portuguese footballer too and he played for F.C. Paços de Ferreira. He moved to France in 1957 and died when Antoine was still an infant.
- He scored 52 goals grossing over five seasons, playing 201 matches.
- He tried for a lot of clubs while he was playing for his hometown club UF Mâcon. He was rejected all the time because of his thin frame and lightweight.
- It was the match against the youth academy of Paris Saint-Germain in 2005 that brought him under mellow limelight; few clubs noticed him there and he was offered a place in San Sebastián for a week which was extended to another week that ended up in a youth contract.
- He was praised by the Chief Technical Officer – “Ioan Lupescu”. In his praise, Ioan said that “He is a strong team player and has a stable control over the field and the ball. He is versatile and can tackle the front, middle and defensive positions very well.”