Some Lesser Known Facts About Asaduddin Owaisi
- Does Asaduddin Owaisi smoke?: Not Known
- Does Asaduddin Owaisi drink alcohol?: No
|Nickname(s)||Naqeeb-e-Millat, Qaid, and commonly known as “Asad Bhai”|
|Political Party||All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM)
|Political Journey||• Owaisi was elected as a Member of the Legislative Assembly (MLA) in 1994 and 1999.
• In 2004, he was elected to Lok Sabha for Hyderabad Constituency.
• He again elected to Parliament for the second term from Hyderabad in 2009.
• Having got 52.88% of votes, Asaduddin Owaisi became MP for the third consecutive term in the 2014 Lok Sabha Elections.
• In the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections, he defeated BJP’s Dr Bhagavanth Rao by 2.73 lakh votes from Hyderabad.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 70 kg
in Pounds- 154 lbs
|Date of Birth||13 May 1969|
|Age (as in 2019)||50 Years|
|Birthplace||Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|School||Hyderabad Public School|
|College||• St. Mary’s Junior College, Hyderabad,
• Nizam College, Hyderabad
• Lincoln’s Inn, London
|Educational Qualification||LLB from Lincolns Inn, London in 1989-94|
|Family||Father– Sultan Salahuddin Owaisi
Mother– Najamunnisa Owaisi
Brother– Akbaruddin Owaisi
|Address||H. No. 8-15-130/AS/1, Shastripuram, Mailardevpally, Ranga Reddy District 500052|
|Hobbies||Boxing, Riding Motorcycle, Reading books on history and religion|
|Major Controversies||• Owaisi, along with his younger brother Akbaruddin was booked for charges related to manhandling the Medak district collector in 2005.
• On 16 April 2005, he was booked on various charges including criminal intimidation, rioting and promoting enmity between religious groups.
• In 2009, a lawsuit was registered against Owaisi on the order of Election Commission of India for chasing and beating up Syed Saleemuddin, a polling agent of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) in the Moghalpura area.
• In March 2013, he was apprehended for organizing rally without permission and carrying a gun without a license in Bidar, Karnataka.
• In March 2016, while addressing a public rally in Maharashtra, Owaisi said that he would never say the slogan Bharat Mata Ki Jai.
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Salary (as a Lok Sabha Member)||Rs. 1 Lakh + Other Allowances|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 17.90 Crore (as in 2019)|