Some Lesser Known Facts About Bernard L. Feringa
- Does Bernard L. Feringa smoke?: Not Known
|Real Name||Bernard Lucas “Ben” Feringa|
|Profession||Synthetic Organic Chemist|
|Thesis||Asymmetric oxidation of phenols.
Atropisomerism and optical activity (1978)
|Doctoral Advisor||Late Prof Hans Wijnberg|
|Awards/Achievements||• He has been awarded with the Arthur C. Cope Scholar Award.
• He has been awarded with the Nagoya Medal of Organic Chemistry.
• In 1998, he was elected a fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry.
• In 2004, he was awarded with the Spinoza Prize.
• In 2004, he was elected foreign honorary member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
• In 2008, the Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands knighted him in the Order of the Netherlands Lion.
• In 2012, he was awarded with the Grand Prix Scientifique Cino del Duca.
• In 2013, he was appointed to the Council of the Royal Society of Chemistry.
• On October 5, 2016, he was awarded with the Nobel Prize in Chemistry.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 68 kg
in Pounds- 150 lbs
|Date of Birth||May 18, 1951|
|Age (as in 2016)||65 Years|
|Birth Place||Barger-Compascuum, Netherlands|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
|College/University||University of Groningen, Netherlands|
|Educational Qualifications||PhD from University of Groningen, Netherlands
BS from University of Groningen, Netherlands
|Hobbies||Reading Science Journals|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Children||Son– Not Known
Daughter– Not Known