|Real Name||Simon William “Bill” English|
|Profession||New Zealander Politician|
|Political Journey||• In 1980 English joined the National Party when he was the student at Victoria University.
• In 1996, English was raised to the Cabinet by the Prime Minister Jim Bolger, English became the Minister for Crown Health Enterprises and Associate Minister of Education. At that time he was 34, becoming the cabinet’s youngest member.
• After the National Party lost the 1999 election to Helen Clark’s Labour Party, English continued the shadow cabinet as National’s spokesperson for finance.
• In October 2001, after months of speculation, Jenny Shipley resigned as leader of the National Party English was elected as her replacement unopposed (with Roger Sowry as his deputy), and consequently became Leader of the Opposition.
• In 2008 election, English continued to hold his seat, winning by a margin of about 15,500 votes. He became Deputy Prime Minister of New Zealand and Minister of Finance.
• On 5 December 2016, John Key announced he would resign on 12 December, and endorsed English as his successor in the resulting leadership election.
|Biggest Rival||Jonathan Coleman
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 72 kg
in Pounds- 158 lbs
|Date of Birth||30 December 1961|
|Age (as in 2016)||55 Years|
|Birth Place||Lumsden, New Zealand|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|School||St Thomas’s School in Winton, St. Patrick’s College in Upper Hutt|
|College||University of Otago, Victoria University of Wellington|
|Educational Qualifications||Degree in Commerce, Degree in English Literature|
|Family||Father– Norah English
Mother– Mervyn English
Brothers– Mervyn English,
Sister– Not Known
Note– English has 11 Siblings, most of them are unknown to us.
|Address||Premier House, Wellington|
|Controversies||In 2008, two controversial tapes were leaked by Kees Keizer; the first indicated that English would like to eventually sell Kiwibank. The second, released to the media on 4 November 2008, just before the New Zealand election, gave English’s views on Barack Obama. He is heard on the tape saying: “I’m a bit worried about this whole Obama and Europe things, just because there’s a limited effectiveness in being moralistic about international relations and Europe has turned out to be particularly ineffective even in its own backyard.” “And the US can argue over-do it (sic) and Bush should have put a different window dressing – there still needs someone willing to pull the trigger.”|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Spouse||Mary Scanlon English
|Children||Sons– Rory English, Xavier English
Daughter– Maria English
Other children are Luke English, Bartholomew English, Thomas English (uncertain about their gender)
|Net Worth||$2 Million|