|Real Name||Danell Johan Leyva|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 61 kg
in Pounds- 134.5 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 45 Inches
– Waist: 32 Inches
– Biceps: 16 Inches
|International Debut||2009 World Artistic Gymnastics Championships, London.|
|Career Turning Point||2008 Pan American Gymnastics Championships in Argentina|
|Date of Birth||October 30, 1991|
|Age (as in 2016)||25 Years|
|Birth Place||Matanzas, Cuba|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|Educational Qualifications||High School|
|Family||Father– Yin Alvarez (Gymnastics Coach, Ex-Gymnast and Co-owner of a gym)
Mother– Maria Gonzales (Ex-Gymnast. Co-owner of a gym)
Sister– Dayanis Mesa (a television host)
His biological father Johann Leyva lives in Spain.
|Hobbies||playing the piano, painting, drawing, football, music, cartoons and comics.|
|Favorite Event||High bar, parallel bars, floor exercise|
|Favorite Food||Spaghetti and Pizza|
|Favorite TV show||The Boondocks, Naruto, Family Guy, Scrubs|
|Favorite Music||Rap, Hip Hop, R & B|
|Favorite Movie||Rush Hour Series|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Sexual Orientation||Not Known|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Danell Leyva
- Does Danell Leyva smoke?: Nor Known
- Does Danell Leyva drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Danell has a signature move called jam-dislocate-hop to undergrips, that he performs on the horizontal bars.
- His father swam across the Rio Grande to make it Miami, when his teammates were competing in Mexico.
- He came to the US with his sister and mother through Peru and Venezuela, for which his made arrangements to ensure that they reach safely.
- He has been on the 2016 Rio Olympics US team and placed five in the event. Danell Leyva fell on the high bars during his performance.
- Although Danell’s first language is Spanish, he can have a conversation in Italian, Romanian and Japenese. Currently, he is learning Portuguese.
- He believes in having a positive outlook on life and have an optimistic approach and his motto happens to be “I am going to” instead of “I want to.”
- Danell has not met his biological father although they do talk regularly on the phone.