|Real Name||Gareth Frank Bale|
|Nickname||The Cannon, Welsh Winger|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 1.83 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 1⁄2”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 75 kg
in Pounds- 165 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 45 Inches
– Waist: 32 Inches
– Biceps: 14 Inches
|Professional Debut||In May 2006 for Wales National Team|
|Current Team||Wales Football Team
|Achievements (main ones)||• “Carwyn James Award” for the “BBC Wales Young Sports Personality of the Year” in Dec 2006.
• “Barclays Player of the Month” for April 2010
• “Football League Young Player of the Year” on March 04, 2007.
• “2010 BBC Cymru Wales Sports Personality of the Year.”
• “Player of the Year” on April 17, 2011 for 2010-11 season by Professional Footballers Association.
• “PFA Players’ Player of the Year,” 2012-2012.
• “Young Player of the Year,” 2012-1013.
|Career Turning Point||2010–11 UEFA Champions League|
|Date of Birth||July 16, 1989|
|Age (as in 2016)||27 Years|
|Birth Place||Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Cancer|
|Hometown||Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom|
|School||Whitchurch High School|
|Educational Qualifications||High School (2005), Grade A in PE|
|Family||Father– Frank Bale (School Teacher)
Mother– Debbi Bale (Operation Manager)
Sister– Vicky Bale
|Ethnicity||Welsh and British|
|Hobbies||Playing Golf, spending time with family and watching Premiere League.|
|Controversies||• He spurred controversy with his comments on England Football. He said, “They [England fans] big themselves up before they’ve done anything, so we’re going to go there and believe we can beat them.”
“I think we’ve got a lot more passion and pride about us than them. We’ll definitely show that on the day. I don’t know what it is but, if you’re Welsh, we feel more pride and passion than anyone else.
“Look at the national anthem, everyone sings, the whole stadium. I don’t think any other nation would do that. Being Welsh just brings it out of you.”
Asked how many England players would get into the Wales team, Bale cheekily responded “None.”
|Favourite Footballers||Christiano Ronaldo|
|Favourite Food||Chicken wrap, medium sauce, Spanish dry cured ham, Jamon, Dairy Milk or Galaxy chocolates|
|Favourite Hotel||Txistu, Madrid, Spain|
|Favourite Football Trick||Side-step|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Wife||Emma Rhys-Jones (High School Sweetheart)
|Children||Daughters– Nava Valentina
|Salary||$35.9 millions (Including $10 million from endorsements)|
|Net Worth||$90 million|
|House||La Finca mansion. ($2.3 million)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gareth Bale
- Does Gareth Bale smoke?: No
- Does Gareth Bale drink alcohol?: No
- Gareth Bale is appreciated most for his tremendous speed, crossing past the defenders quickly and striking the ball from a distance and his swerving free kicks, which like him, can fly pass the wall and hit the nets.
- He is a left footed finisher which makes a balanced forward for the team in addition to his free kicks and dribbling. He has exceptional agility and physical abilities. He did a 100 m spring in 11.4 seconds when he was 14 years old.
- He can cover a lot of positions on the field as he started playing at the back and shifted to attacking position with time. His first goal was from a free-kick, which made him the youngest player to score a goal for Wales.
- He has always been active in sports and played rugby and hockey besides football in his school in addition to athletics.
- Gareth has been playing club football since he was 9 and was spotted first by FC Southampton.
- He has come a far way from playing for “Tottenham Hotspur” for £7 million to an estimated €100 million for “Real Madrid”, the highest world record transfer fees at that time.
- He has been in impeccable form even after a knee surgery for a broken ligament, which forced him to rest for two months though.
- Bale has earned many Player of the Month and Goal of the Month titles. These included titles from local and prestigious institutions.
- Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp said in Bale’s praise that he is a player without any “Weakness in his make-up”. He saluted the avid player for his game.
- He made a request to change his jersey from backward (number 3) to that of a forward (number 11) in 2011 and he got it.
- Gareth was selected for the UEFA Team of the Year 2011.