Some Lesser Known Facts About Harry Reid
- Does Harry Reid smoke?: No
- Does Harry Reid drink alcohol?: No
|Real Name||Harry Mason Reid|
|Political Journey||• In 1968, Harry Reid was elected to Nevada Assembly.
• In 1970, when Harry was 30 years old, O’Callaghan chose him as his running mate for Lieutenant Governor of Nevada.
• From 1971 to 1974, Harry Reid served as the Lieutenant Governor of Nevada.
• In 1974, he ran for US Senate Seat but lost to former Governor Paul Laxalt by fewer than 700 votes.
• He ran for mayor of Las Vegas in 1975 and lost to Bill Briare.
• From 1977 to 1981, he served as Chairman of the Nevada Gaming Commission.
• In 1982, he won the Democratic Nomination for the 1st District, base in Las Vegas and served two terms in the house from 1983 to 1987.
• In 1986, Reid won the Democratic nomination again.
• He gained endorsement of several Republican by winning reelection in 2004 with 61 % of the vote.
• On March 27, 2015, Reid announced not to seek reelection in November 2016.
|Biggest Rival||Mitt Romney|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 68 kg
in Pounds- 150 lbs
|Date of Birth||December 2, 1939|
|Age (as in 2016)||77 Years|
|Birth Place||Edgewater Hospital in Chicago, Illinois|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|Hometown||Searchlight, Nevada, USA|
|School||Basic High School, Henderson, Nevada, USA|
|College||Southern Utah University, Cedar City, Utah, USA, Jon M. Huntsman School of Business, Logan, Utah, USA, George Washington University Law School, Washington, D.C|
|Educational Qualifications||Double majored in political science and history, Minored in economics, Juris Doctor Degree (Doctor of Law)|
|Family||Father– Harry Vincent Reid (a miner)
Mother– Inez Orena (Jaynes) Reid (a laundress)
Brother– Larry Reid
|Address||333 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Suite 8016
Lloyd D. George Building
Las Vegas , NV 89101
|Hobbies||Boxing, Football, Workouts, Grocery shopping|
|Controversies||• He was criticized by liberal critics for not doing enough to end the presence of American Military in Iraq.
• Reid was criticized by Conservatives to use extensively his procedural tactic known as “Filling the tree” to inhibit amendments on important bills.
• In 2005. he earmarked a bill for building a bridge between Arizona and Nevada due to which a land owned by him would become more valuable and it gained a lot of criticism for him.
• He was criticized for introducing legislation in the interest of his close friend Harvey Whittemore.
• In 2006, Reid was said to be associated with the Jack Abramoff Indian lobbying scandal.
• On January 9, 2010, Reid apologized for racial comments when Obama was campaigning for Presidential Election.
|Favorite Politician||Mike O’Callaghan, Susan Collins|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife||Landra Gould (married 1959)
|Children||Son– Rory Reid (born July 11, 1963, American Politician), Leif Reid, Key Reid, Josh Reid
Daughter– Lana Reid
|Net Worth||10 million USD|