Some Lesser Known Facts About Jwala Gutta
- She was born in Wardha and brought up in Hyderabad.
- Her father, Kranti Gutta, is a Telugu Hindu while her mother, Yelan Gutta, is of Chinese descent.
- Her mother, Yelan, is the granddaughter of a Chinese Gandhian, Tseng, who visited India in 1971 along-with her mother to see the Sevagram Ashram and also translated Gandhi’s autobiography into the Chinese language.
- Jwala Gutta wanted to pursue her career in Tennis but her mother insisted Jwala to play Badminton.
- She was only 4 when her father introduced her with the National Badminton Coach, S. M. Arif.
- She learned Gymnastics and Swimming before starting her training for Badminton.