|Profession(s)||Comedian, Actor, Singer, Producer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 80 kg
in Pounds- 176 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 40 Inches
– Waist: 34 Inches
– Biceps: 12 Inches
|Date of Birth||2 April 1981|
|Age (as in 2019)||38 Years|
|Birthplace||Amritsar, Punjab, India|
|Hometown||Amritsar, Punjab, India|
|School||Shri Ram Ashram Sen. Sec. School, Amritsar|
|College||Hindu College, Amritsar
Apeejay College of Fine Arts, Jalandhar
|Debut||Film Debut: Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon (2015)
TV Debut: Hansde Hansade Ravo (2006)
|Family||Father– Jeetendra Kumar Punj (worked as head constable in Punjab police)
Mother– Janak Rani
Brother– Ashok Kumar Sharma
Sister– Pooja Sharma
|Address||Sardar Vallabbhai Patel Nagar, Versova, Mumbai|
|Controversies||• In 2015, he was accused of misbehaving with his female co-stars (Monali Thakur, Tanishaa Mukherjee, etc.) during an event related to International Marathi Film Festival Awards 2015. Initially, he refused to comment, however, he later tweeted that, “I fall, I rise, I make mistakes, I live, I learn, I’ve been hurt but I am alive. I am human, I am not perfect but I am thankful (sic)”
• After the telecast of few initial episodes of The Kapil Sharma Show, nurses from various medical colleges and hospitals in Amritsar registered a complaint at a police station alleging that the show has demeaned their profession by objectifying them, such as Rochelle Rao portraying the character of a glamorous nurse, which led to people raising objections.
• On 9 September 2016, his tweet alleging corruption in the Shiv Sena- and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-ruled Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) created controversy, after which Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis replied on twitter by saying that, “Kapilbhai pls provide all info. Have directed MC, BMC to take the strictest action. We will not spare the culprit.”
• In December 2015, an FIR lodged was against him for destroying mangroves near his Versova residence in Mumbai.
• In March 2017, Kapil Sharma, who was reportedly drunk, was accused of being abusive to Sunil Grover on a flight from Melbourne, Australia. A few days later, Kapil admitted on Facebook that he had an ‘argument’ with Sunil and questioned the intentions of eyewitnesses who claimed that he had assaulted Sunil. In reply to which, Sunil posted a message on Facebook as given below.
• In April 2018, he had filed an F.I.R. against his former managers Preeti and Neeti Simoes and the editor of entertainment news portal ‘Spotboye,’ Vicky Lalwani, for maligning his image in media. Later, the F.I.R. got leaked online and was shown by Zee News. Kapil also mentioned that Preeti had threatened him to pay ₹25 lakh or otherwise she will create more tension for him. Vickey Lalwani also filed a non-consignable complaint against Kapil Sharma for using abusive language and threatening him over the phone. Sharma even tweeted on Friday with objectionable words against Lalwani.
|Favourite Food||Rajma-Chawal, Aloo Paranthas|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Akshay Kumar|
|Favourite Actress||Deepika Padukone|
|Favourite Singer(s)||Gurdas Mann, Sardool Sikander|
|Favourite Comedian||Gurpreet Ghuggi|
|Favourite Restaurant||Chak89 in London|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Ginni Chatrath (Comedia, Entrepreneur)
Daughter: Anayra Sharma
|Marriage Date||12 December 2018
|Marriage Place||Jalandhar, Punjab
|Car Collection||Range Rover Evoque
|Salary (approx.)||₹60-80 lakh/episode|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$10 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kapil Sharma
- Does Kapil Sharma smoke?: No
- Does Kapil Sharma drink alcohol?: Yes
- Kapil came from a lower middle-class family with no entertainment background and had to struggle a lot to get himself roles that are worthy.
- During his graduation at Apeejay College of Fine Arts, Jalandhar, he used to direct plays for his pocket money. He was also a scholarship holder and a national-level winner in theatre.
- He was paid minimum wages in the initial stages of his career and he even acted as a comedian without being paid at all. He has also worked in a PCO, a cloth mill and even picked crates of soft-drinks to earn money.
- His father died in 2004 due to Cancer. He didn’t have the money to join any acting course but due to his sheer talent, many institutions sponsored his acting course fee.
- According to Kapil, his sense of humour comes from his mother who has been his biggest source of inspiration.
- His initial passion was singing and singing is the thing which made him come to the tinsel town.
- He was initially rejected in the audition round of ‘The Great Indian Laughter Challenge 3’, but received a call to return, and eventually he won the competition.