|Profession(s)||• Film Director
• Film Producer
|Known For||Directing the Bollywood film ‘Pyaar Ka Punchnama’ (2011)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 168 cm
in meters– 1.68 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 6”
|Hair Colour||Salt and Pepper|
|Debut||Film: Pyaar Ka Punchnama (2011)
|Award||In 2019, he won the Listener’s Choice Song Of The Year at Mirchi Music Awards for the film Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety.|
|Date of Birth||29 September 1984 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||37 Years|
|Birthplace||Ghaziabad district, Uttar Pradesh|
|Hometown||Ghaziabad district, Uttar Pradesh|
|School||St. Paul’s Academy, Ghaziabad|
|College/University||Hindu College, Delhi University|
|Controversy||In October 2018, Ranjan was accused of sexual harassment of an actress from the film Pyaar Ka Punchnamma. She claimed that she was harassed by Ranjan on the sets of the film Pyaar Ka Punchnamma in 2011. Ranjan denied the allegations, and many of the cast from the film came forward to defend him. Mid-Day|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||20 February 2022
Some Lesser Known Facts About Luv Ranjan
- Luv Ranjan is an Indian director, producer and writer who is known for directing the Bollywood movie ‘Pyaar Ka Punchnama’ in 2011.
- Before becoming a director, he has assisted director Sunil Darshan in the films Mere Jeevan Saathi, Dosti and Barsaat. In an interview, he talked about it and said,
I was going to Nasik with my friend, Ankur Garg (now he is a partner in Luv Films) when I received a call that the filmmaker wanted to meet me. We jumped out of the moving train in Mulund and caught a cab to Bandra. Sunilji had left by then. But the next day he interviewed me and hired me.”
- Later, he quit assisting the director in 2005 and went to New York Film Academy to learn writing.
- He started his directing career at the age of twenty-seven in 2011 and in 2012, he turned into a producer with his friend Ankur Garg, and they found the company Luv Film.
- He has directed and written the Bollywood films Akaash Vani (2013), Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2 (2015), and Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety (2018).
- In 2018, Rajan was gifted a Mercedes-Benz car by his co-producer Ankur Garg for the success of his film ‘Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety.’
- In an interview, he was asked why he chose to direct films that were youth-centric. He replied,
I think it’s just a reflection of my own experience in life. The truth is Akaash Vani was not a young film. The second half of the film was quite mature. It’s unfortunate that not many people have seen the film, so I am still associated more with ‘Youth Centric Films’.”
- He has produced the Bollywood films Life Sahi Hai (2016), Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety (2018), De De Pyaar De (2019), Jai Mummy Di (2020), and Malang (2020).
- Ranjan is often referred to as a misogynist for directing films that show the problems faced by men in India. In an interview, he talked about this and said,
It’s like believing that Mr. Yash Chopra believed in adultery because he made Silsila. Having an opinion is a hobby of our people. I don’t think people think before voicing an opinion. And unfortunately my second film AkaashVani didn’t do well commercially. If it had I don’t think I would be answering this , question right now.”
- On 20 January 2022, he tied the knot with Alisha Vaid in Agra. One of Ranjan’s friends talked about their marriage and said,
Luv and Alisha wanted to keep their wedding extremely private and away from the media glare. Luv is fiercely guarded about his personal space. That’s the reason he has never uttered a word about anything except his work.”