|Date of Birth||11 June 1938 (Saturday)|
|Age (as in 2020)||82 Years|
|Birthplace||Kerhala/Kahola village, Mathura|
|Hometown||Kerhala/Kahola village, Mathura|
|College/University||Sampurnanand Sanskrit University|
|Educational Qualification||B.A. (Shastri) The Week|
|Religion||Hinduism The Week|
|Caste||Brahmin The Week|
|Controversies||• After the demolition of Babri Masjid in 1992, CBI filed a case against him and 48 others for their alleged role in the demolition of the mosque. Dainik Jagran On 30 September 2020, a Special CBI court in Lucknow acquitted him and 31 others accused in Babri Masjid demolition case, including BJP veterans LK Advani and MM Joshi. While pronouncing the verdict in the case, the judge said, there is no conclusive evidence that shows that they were involved in the conspiracy. Also, the court said that the demolition of the Babri Masjid structure was not pre-planned. The Times of India
• Dibyesh Anand, an Indo-British professor, wrote in his book “Hindu Nationalism in India and the Politics of Fear” about his interview that he had with Mahant Nritya Gopal Das in 2005. He explained that according to Mahant, Muslims and lower-caste people were the ones who had created problems in India. Here is the snippet from the book:
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father– Ganga Ram
Mother– Ram Devi
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mahant Nritya Gopal Das
- Mahant Nritya Gopal Das is the president of Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Teertha Kshetra Trust, formed by the Government of India in February 2020 to oversee the construction and management of the Ram Temple in Ayodhya. He is also the sixth head of Ayodhya’s largest temple, “Sri Mani Ram Das Ji Ki Chavani.”
- Mahant Nritya Gopal Das was born into a Brahmin family in a small village of Mathura. After completing his intermediate course in 1953, Nritya Gopal Das discontinued his formal studies and went to Ayodhya in search of spirituality.
- In Ayodhya, he became a disciple of Mahant Ram Manohar Das, the fifth guru of “Sri Mani Ram Das Ji Ki Chavani”.
- On the advice of Mahant Ram Manohar Das, he earned a BA (Shastri) degree from Sampurnanand Sanskrit University in Varanasi.
- In 1965, at the age of 27, he succeeded Mahant Ram Manohar Das, as the sixth guru of “Sri Mani Ram Das Ji Ki Chavani.”
- He is known for his role in building various temples in Ayodhya, like Ramayan Bhavan, Shri Rangnath temple and Shri Char Dham temple.
- In 2001, when he was returning from the Sarayu river with his disciples after their morning bath, a few unidentified assaulters hurled country-made-bombs at them. As of 2020, he is guarded by a Y level security cover. The Times of India
- In 2003, he was appointed as the president of Ram Janmabhoomi Nyas after the demise of its previous head, Ramchandra Paramhans. The Week
- He remained at the forefront of movements demanding the construction of Ram Mandir in Ayodhya, the birthplace of Lord Rama, till the Supreme Court of India passed orders for its construction in 2020. He was one of the few members present on the stage during the Ram Mandir bhoomi poojan ceremony on 5 August 2020. He shared the stage with prominent Indian personalities including Narendra Modi, Yogi Adityanath, and the RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat.