|Real name||Maheep Sandhu IMDb|
|Profession(s)||Jewellery designer, Entrepreneur|
|Famous For||Being the wife of Sanjay Kapoor a Bollywood actor & producer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 163 cm
in meters– 1.63 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 4”
|Debut||OTT/Web Series: Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives (2020)
|Date of Birth||29 April 1982 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||40 Years|
|College/University||Diamond Institute of Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||A course in jewellery designing from the Diamond Institute of Mumbai Indian Jeweller|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian DNA|
|Address||18/Arjun Magnum Bungalows, Lokhandwala Complex, Andheri (West), Mumbai – 400058.|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Sanjay Kapoor (1993-1998) Instagram|
|Marriage Date||9 December 1998 (Wednesday)|
|Husband/Spouse||Sanjay Kapoor (Bollywood Actor & Producer)
|Children||Son– Jahaan Kapoor
Daughter– Shanaya Kapoor (Actress)
|Parents||Father– Tej Singh Sandhu
Mother– Namita Sandhu
|Siblings||Brother– Hartej Singh Sandhu
|Shoe Brand||Christian Louboutins|
|Car Collection||• Mercedes-Benz E-Class
Some Lesser Known Facts About Maheep Kapoor
- Maheep Kapoor is an Indian jewellery designer, entrepreneur, and the wife of Bollywood actor and producer Sanjay Kapoor. In 2020, she made her digital debut with the Netflix reality series ‘Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives.’
- Maheep Kapoor was born into a Punjabi family in Delhi, India, but later, they shifted to Perth, Australia. She shifted back to India after marrying Sanjay Kapoor.
- Earlier, Maheep Kapoor aspired to become an actress. She also appeared in a 90s music video of the song Nigori Kaisi Jawani Hai (1994) by Ila Arun.
- Before she tied the knot with Sanjay Kapoor, Maheep was about to make her Bollywood debut with a film titled Shivam, opposite Raaj Kumar’s son Panini Raajkumar, but later, the project got cancelled.
- On Wednesday, 9 December 1998, she tied the knot with Bollywood actor Sanjay Kapoor. During the wedding ceremony, she wore her grandmother’s jewellery inspired by the Mughal era. In an interview, she said,
…I’m also inspired by the Mughal era in the jewellery history. In fact on my wedding I wore my grandmother’s jewellery and those rare pieces are not even made today.”
- In an interview, while talking about her onset in the jewellery business, she said,
I have always been passionate about jewellery…It all started with designing a few pieces for myself that were greatly admired by my friends and family. It later started converting into orders for designs and before long without even realising; it became a full-fledged career.
- After designing jewellery for her friends and family, she started working as a jewellery designer for Satyani Fine Jewels. Thereafter, her signature collection ‘Chandbalis for Satyani Fine Jewels,’ which included a pair of white gold earing with Russian emeralds and dangling Jhumkis below, became a hot selling item at Satyani Fine Jewels. The stunning pair of chandelier earrings were also worn by Dia Mirza at Arpita Khan‘s wedding. In an interview, she said,
I took the inspiration from the Mughal jewellery and created chandbalis using different gold embossing techniques, textured gold, enameling etc. They are handcrafted and each chandbali is an unique masterpiece”
- Maheep designed the jewellery for the blockbuster movie Om Shaanti Om (2007), and Karan Johar’s film, Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna (2006), which made her win many accolades. In an interview, while sharing her glitzy achievements, she said,
I have spent years in the industry now and have got opportunities to design for celebrities like Shabana Azmi, Jaya Bachchan and Shilpa Shetty. I also have catered to the divas of Bollywood like Priyanka Chopra, Kareena Kapoor, Soha Ali Khan, amongst others. I have had the opportunity to design jewellery for many celebrity guests on Koffee with Karan.”
- In 2013, she founded Bandra 190, a luxury retail boutique, along with boutique’s co-founders, Sussanne Khan and Seema Khan.
- In 2014, she ventured into business with VIVA-LUXE, a luxury online retailer for Asian designer-wear, in which she held the position of the fashion director of the company.
- Maheep loves to wear heels to such an extent that once she even damaged her feet, and later, she got it operated. In an interview, she said,
I have worn heels so much that my feet have been a mess. I had to get my toe operated also which looked like scooped out corn. However, I still wear heels.”
- In 2006, she became the director of Sanjay Kapoor Entertainment Private Limited, a production house co-established by Maheep Kapoor along with her husband Sanjay Kapoor. In 2015, the first movie produced by their production house was Tevar starring Arjun Kapoor.
- In 2020, Maheep Kapoor made her digital debut with the Netflix reality series ‘Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives’ in which she shared the screen with her real-life friends Neelam Kothari Soni, Seema Khan, and Bhavna Pandey. The series gives fans an insight into the lives of four Bollywood celebrity wives.
- According to the series Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives (2020), Maheep Kapoor is a self-confessed neighbourhood stalker in her leisure time. She is also termed as the bully of the group in the series.
- In September 2022, she revealed on Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives that her husband, Sanjay Kapoor, once cheated on her. While Maheep was speaking to Seema Sajdeh on Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives, she said,
Initially in my marriage, there was an indiscretion that Sanjay had or whatever. I walked out with Shanaya. I stood up for myself but then, I had a newborn baby. Again, as a woman and as a mother, the first priority is my child. I owed my daughter this amazing father, which he is. I owed it to myself. And if I look back and if I broke this s**t up, I would have regretted it all my life. Because when my kids walk into my home, my husband walks into my home, this is their sanctuary. They need to feel peace. And I feel Sanjay gives that to me also.” Hindustan Times