|Real Name||Gagandeep Bakshi|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Date of Birth||1950|
|Age (as in 2020)||70 Years|
|Birthplace||Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh|
|School||St. Aloysius Hr. Secondary School in Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh, National Defence Academy|
|College||Indian Military Academy|
|Commissioned||14 November 1971|
|Family||Father– Not Known
Mother– Not Known
Brother– Late Raman Bakshi (Worked as Captain in Indian Army)
Sister– Not Known
|Official Address||Gurgaon, Haryana|
|Hobbies||Doing Yoga and Work out|
|Controversies||• In 2016, IIT Madras Student Abhinav Surya labeled Bakshi’s speech “hate mongering” when Bakshi was delivering speech in IIT Madras over National Security. Regarding this Surya sent a letter to the department, in that letter
Surya wrote, “I am still not able to digest the fact the institute has given platform to such a speech filled with hatred, instigating violence among the students. A lecture that was heavily loaded with brewing enmity, inhumanity and glorification of brutality.”
• Many times he has mocked Mahatma Gandhi and other Freedom Fighters.
• While participating as a guest on a live debate show on Republic TV, he used profane language against a panelist in the show by calling him madar****. Following his comment, he was heavily criticized for using such foul language on a live debate. The Free Press Journal
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife||Name Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Major General G.D. Bakshi
- Does G.D. Bakshi drink alcohol?: Yes
- G. D. Bakshi is a retired Indian army officer. He is from Jammu and Kashmir Rifles.
- G. D. Bakshi is a veteran of many skirmishes on the Line of Control and of counter-terrorist operations in Jammu and Kashmir and Punjab.
- Bakshi’s brother Captain Raman Bakshi was the first martyr in the 1965 India-Pakistan War at the young age of 23 years. In the Memory of his brother, one street of Jabalpur has been named Raman Bakshi Marg.