|Famous for||Singing the song Munni Badnaam Hui from the movie Dabangg (2010)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 160 cm
in meters– 1.60 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 3”
|Hair Colour||Light Blonde|
|Debut||Hindi film: As playback singer in the movie ‘Gumnaam: The Mystery’ (2008)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Best Playback Singer (Female) at the 17th Annual Star Screen Awards (2011)
• Best Playback Singer (Female) at the 6th Apsara Film Producers Guild Awards (2011)
• Best Playback Singer (Female) at the 56th Filmfare Awards (2011)
• Apsara Film & producers Guild Awards (2013) for most popular film song on Radio by 93.5 Red FM for “FEVICOL SE” from the Film “Dabangg 2”
|Date of Birth||7 September 1980 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||42 Years|
|Birthplace||Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh|
|Hometown||Birla Nagar, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh|
|School||Saint Paul’s School Morar, Gwalior|
|College/ University||Nalanda Academy, Mumbai|
|Education Qualification||Bachelor’s in Fine Arts The Bollywood Dynasty – YouTube|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||Year, 2011|
|Husband/Spouse||Ashraf Ali (Businessman)
|Parents||Father– Not Known
Mother– Not Known
|Siblings||Brother– Mayanka Sharma Adhlakha
|Car Collection||• She owns a Range Rover.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mamta Sharma
- Mamta Sharma is an Indian playback singer who is known for singing the song ‘Munni Badnaam Hui’ from the movie Dabangg (2010).
- According to Mamta, she used to perform on stage when she was in school, and later, she started performing at various family gatherings.
- In an interview, she said that when she was young, a singing teacher used to come to their neighborhood to them, and he told Mamta’s mother that Mamta was good at singing.
- She started her career at an early age when she used to sing at jagrans in her locality. She came to Mumbai to complete her graduation, but could not complete it because her focus was more on stage shows than studying.
- She has sung many other Bollywood songs that include Pal Pal Na Maane Tinkujiya (2011), Anarkali Disco Chali (2012), Aa Re Pritam Pyaare (2012), Fevicol Se (2012), and Taang Uthake (2016).
- She gave her voice to various Telugu and Kannada songs like Kevvu Keka (2012), Sakkubai Garam Chai (2012), and Hello 1 2 3 Mike Testing (2012).
- She has also sung and performed for music videos that include Nara E Mastana (2019), Song Change (2019), Yaara 2 (2019), Jo Tera Vo Mera (2021), amd Mera Dil Bhi Kitna Pagal Hai (2021).
- In 2013, in an interview, she said that singing was much easier than acting. She further said,
I must tell you, singing compared to acting it’s very easy because you sit in an air-conditioned room and sing any kind of song — romantic or sad. But when it comes to acting then you might have to shoot that song in the wee hours in extremely cold weather.”
- In 2015, she stopped singing in Hindi films because she felt that she was being typecast for singing only item songs. In an interview, she talked about this and said,
I felt I was getting typecast for almost five to 10 years. Only after that people realised I could sing something different as well. Singers get typecast, too. If your tracks are mellow, you will always keep getting mellow tracks to sing.”
- In 2017, she was invited to the Kapil Sharma Show along with other singers like Neha Bhasin, and Daler Mehndi.
- Mamta is a foodie. In 2021, when the lockdown restrictions got over, she decided to go to Delhi and have her favorite chaat there. In an interview, she talked about her love for chaat and said,
I missed the famous #DilliKiSardi but am still craving for Dilli ki chaat! That’s one main thing that I have missed in all these months… I am a foodie, so when the flight reopened, I was like ‘Yaar, Dilli chalte hain’. Kyunki chaat in Delhi is the best thing! Dilliwaale toh lucky hain hi, par India mein sabko pata hona chhaiye ki the best chaat is available in Delhi. My favourite is the one we get in Chandni Chowk, and I also go to Paranthe Wali Gali for the paranthas.”
- Mamta believed that her mentor was singer Wajid Khan who passed away in 2020. In an interview, she talked about him and said,
Wajid Bhai had taught me how to live life and how to be a good singer. He had discovered the singer in me better. Also, he has changed me as a person. He has helped me change my thoughts and encouraged me to always be positive. He had taught me to always smile through tough times. He was a guru, a mentor to me.”
- She is a fitness enthusiast and regularly works out at the gym.
- She is often featured in various newspapers and magazine covers.
- She is often spotted drinking at various events.