Age: 32 Years
Hometown: London, England
Marital Status: Unmarried
|Real name||Amrinder Singh Sandhu Lyrical Music Group|
|Profession(s)||Music Director, Audio Engineer, and Record Producer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 178 cm
in meters– 1.78 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 10”
|Debut||Song (As a Music Producer; Remix): The Demo (2005)
Song (As a Music Producer; Original): Pawara (March 2008)
Album (As a Music Producer): My Time (2012)
|Date of Birth||26 September 1989 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||32 Years|
|Religion||Sikhism Wikipedia- Manni Sandhu|
|Caste||Jatt Wikipedia- Manni Sandhu|
|Controversy||He was accused for stealing the Punjabi song ‘Verified Jatt’ by the Punjabi singer Dilraj Grewal. Dilraj uploaded an old video on his Instagram in which he was singing the song ‘Verified Jatt’ claiming that it was his song which Manni has stolen. Soon after the video was uploaded on Instagram, Dliraj’s fans started trolling Manni. Dilraj even sent a legal notice to Manni claiming that he has stolen various songs of Dilraj. Later, Manni uploaded a video on his Instagram account denying all such accusations. Ghaint Punjab In the video, he said,
“The song is owned by Sangra Vibes who wrote it and recorded a guide vocal for the song over 2 years ago for which I still have the date stamped files. I had invested 20 lakhs in Dilraj which turned dead money since the legal notice was received. I recorded 3 songs with Dilraj, flew him to the UK, paid for studio time all of which is now gone down the drain. Once the legal notice had been sent, the song ‘Verified Jatt’ rolled back to the original owner – Sangra Vibes.”
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||His parents own a business in Newcastle upon Tyne, England.|
|Siblings||Brother– Jazz Sandhu (elder; music producer)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Manni Sandhu
- Manni Sandhu is a British music director, audio engineer, and record producer, who hails from Punjab, India.
- He was brought up in Southall, London, and at a young age, he shifted to Newcastle Upon Tyne along with his family.
- During childhood, he used to observe his elder brother, Jazz, who used to mix Punjabi songs with hip hop tracks.
- When he was 13 years old, he followed his brother’s footsteps and started making music by remixing a few old Punjabi songs with different forms of music such as hip hop, R&B, garage, and drum & bass.
- At the age of 14, he worked as a DJ for the first time at an event. His music was appreciated by the audience present there. Later, he started getting more offers to work as a DJ at various clubs in his locality.
- He then took professional training in music under the Wolverhampton based music producer Gurps Sandhar.
- He made a small music studio set up in his room at the age of 16. He then released his debut music project ‘The Demo’ including the remix songs of singers like Lembher Hussainpurri, Dippa Dosanjh, and Bhinda Aujla.
- Later, his song ‘Mutual Concept’ was released in collaboration with the Indian music producer JSL Singh.
- After receiving success in remixing songs, he decided to produce his own music. At the age of 17, he released his single debut ‘Pawara’ in March 2008. The song gained instant popularity, and the song was playlisted on the BBC Asian Network and BBC 1XTRA.
- He then decided to take a break from music to learn music-making professionally. He then started his training in music under the music guru Ustaad Master Rashpal Singh.
- After a small break, he released his Punjabi music album ‘My Time’ under the music label ‘Brown Boi Music’ on 23 February 2012. A few tracks released under the music album include “Sona” with Bakshi Billa, “Door Ni Kulne” with Manak-E, and “Husna Di Sarkar” with Kaka Bhainiawala, which were listed in the official UK Asian Music Download Chart. In 2014, he released the Punjabi mixtape ‘Against All Odds’ in collaboration with the Punjabi singer Prabh Gill.
- On 7 May 2012, Manni participated along with BBC Radio 1’s host Nihal in the UK’s music festival Camden Crawl.
- In 2013, the Indian actor Abhishek Bachchan tweeted Manni thanking him for letting him use Manni’s song “Bottle” on which Abhishek performed at the TOIFA awards in Vancouver.
- A few more Punjabi songs in which Manni has worked as a music director are “Friday” feat. Manjit Pappu (2014), “Makhaul” by Akhil (2015), and “Gani” by Akhil (2016).
- Sandhu has learned to play various musical instruments like harmonium, keyboard, and tumbi.
- He has won Brit Asia TV Music Award twice. In 2017, he won Best Single for the song “Gani,” and in 2019, he won it for Best Music Director.
- Manni, along with his brother Jazz, owns a music label ‘Collab Creations.’
- He is a dog lover and has shared a picture with a puppy on his Facebook account.