Age: 65 Years
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party
|Political Journey||• Khattar was the Organizational General Secretary of the BJP Haryana between 2000 and 2014.
• BJP elected him as the Chairman of the party’s Haryana Election campaign for the 2014 Lok Sabha Elections.
• Khattar fought the elections for the first time in 2014. He won the Karnal constituency that year.
• In October 2014, he was elected as the 10th Chief Minister of Haryana.
• He retained his Karnal seat defeating his nearest Congress rival Tarlochan Singh in the 2019 Haryana Assembly Elections.
• On 27 October 2019, he was sworn in as the 11th Chief Minister of Haryana.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 165 cm
in meters– 1.65 m
in feet inches– 5’ 5”
|Date of Birth||5 May 1954 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||65 Years|
|Birthplace||Nindana, Meham Tehsil, Rohtak, Punjab (now Haryana)|
|Hometown||Nindana, Meham Tehsil, Rohtak, Punjab (now Haryana)|
|College||Pandit Neki Ram Sharma Government College, Rohtak
|Parents||Father– Harbans Lal Khattar (Farmer)
Mother– Name Not Known
|Address||216, New Prem Nagar, Karnal|
|Controversy||He was subjected to the criticism after his remarks on the beef issue which read: “Muslims can live in India, but they must stop eating beef.” Following this statement, the party stepped in and stated that it had nothing to do with the party and that those were his personal views. Within 24 hours of the statement, he said, “My statement was twisted, but if that still hurt the sentiments of people, I apologize for that.”|
|Favourite Politician||Narendra Modi|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Salary (approx.)||1.50 lacs INR + other allowances per month (as Haryana CM)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||1.27 crores INR (as in 2019)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Manohar Lal Khattar
- He belongs to a family that hailed from the Jhang district of Pakistan and moved to Haryana following the partition in 1947.
- While in the University, Khattar ran a clothing shop near Sadar Bazar in Delhi.
- Before entering politics as a member of BJP in 1994, he had joined RSS in 1977 and had become its Pracharak in 1980.
- After having sworn in as the Chief Minister of Haryana in October 2014, he became the first one from BJP to hold the position.