|Real Name||Mayawati Prabhu Das|
|Nickname||Behenji, Kumari Mayawati, Iron Lady Mayawati|
|Political Party||Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP)|
|Political Journey||• In 1984, she joined Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) as a member.
• In 1989, she became Member of Parliament from Bijnor.
• In 1994, she was elected to Rajya Sabha from Uttar Pradesh.
• In 1995, she became Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh.
• In 1996, she was again elected to Lok Sabha.
• In 1997, she became Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh again.
• In 2002, she became Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh for the third time.
• In 2003, she became National President of BSP.
• In 2007, she became Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh for the fourth term.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 158 cm
in meters- 1.58 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 2”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 80 kg
in Pounds- 176 lbs
|Date of Birth||15 January 1956|
|Age (as in 2020)||64 Years|
|Birth Place||At Shrimati Sucheta Kriplani Hospital, New Delhi, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|Hometown||Badalpur, Gautam Budh Nagar, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|College||Kalindi Women’s College, University of Delhi
Campus Law Centre, University of Delhi
VMLG College, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh
|Educational Qualifications||Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
|Debut||In 1984, when she joined Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) as a member.|
|Family||Father– Prabhu Das
Mother– Ram Rati
Brother– Anand Kumar
|Major Controversies||• In 2002, CBI filed an FIR against her for financial irregularities in Taj Corridor Case.
• In 2007-2008, she had to face CBI investigation in a disproportionate asset case.
• She has been criticized for investing a huge sum of money for commissioning a number of statues including her own.
• She has been criticized for the mismanagement of World Bank Fund.
• She had to face WikiLeaks allegations in which she was criticized for employing food tasters for security and for sending a private jet to Mumbai to retrieve a pair of sandals.
• In March 2019, the Supreme Court of India asked her to clarify the money spent on the elephant’s statues and the statues of herself.
• On 15 April 2019, The Election Commission of India (ECI) had put a 48-hour ban on BSP chief Mayawati for violation of the Model Code of Conduct (MCC). The Commission had found Mayawati appealing to Muslim voters for vote.
|Favourite Politician||Kanshi Ram|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Net Worth (approx.)||INR 111 crore (as in 2012)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mayawati
- Does Mayawati smoke?: Not Known
- Does Mayawati drink alcohol?: Not Known
- She was born in a Hindu Dalit family and her father, Prabhu Das, was employed in a post-office at Badalpur, Gautam Buddha Nagar in Uttar Pradesh.
- She holds multiple academic degrees (B.A., LLB, B.Ed.) and has worked as a teacher in Inderpuri JJ Colony in Delhi.
- When Kanshi Ram first met her in 1977, she was preparing for the Indian Administrative Services.
- According to some sources, Kanshi Ram told her – “I can make you such a big leader one day that not one but a whole row of IAS officers will line up for your orders.”
- In 1984, Kanshi Ram included her as a founding member of the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP).
- Throughout her career, Mayawati voiced for reservation in both government and private sectors.
- Former Prime Minister of India, P. V. Narasimha Rao referred her political career as a “miracle of democracy.”
- When she became the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh on 3rd June 1995, she was the youngest Chief Minister in the history of the state and was the first female Dalit Chief Minister in India.
- On 15 December 2001, Kanshi Ram named Mayawati as his successor in a rally in Lucknow.
- She was first elected as the National President of BSP on 18 September 2003.