Some Lesser Known Facts About Mike Tyson
- Does Mike Tyson smoke?: Yes
- Does Mike Tyson drink Alcohol?: Yes
- Michael Gerard “Mike” Tyson also known as Malik Abdul Aziz because of his conversion to Islam.
- Purcell Tyson was his biological father, who was from Jamaica. But he considered Jimmy Kirkpatrick as his father.
- In 1959, Jimmy Kirkpatrick moved to Brooklyn, where he met Tyson’s mother, Lorna Mae (Smith) Tyson. According to Mike Tyson, “My father was just a regular street guy caught up in the street world”.
- Trainer Cus D’Amato looked after him and trained him to be a boxer. Later Tyson said, “I never saw my mother happy with me and proud of me for doing something: she only knew me as being a wild kid running the streets, coming home with new clothes that she knew I didn’t pay for. I never got a chance to talk to her or know about her. Professionally, it has no effect, but it’s crushing emotionally and personally”.
- In an Interview with detail Magazine, he disclosed about his first fight that was with a bigger youth who had pulled the head off one of Tyson’s pigeons. He used to fight with those who ridiculed his high-pitched voice and lisp.
- He was arrested 38 time by the age of 13.