|Genre||Indian Pop, Bollywood|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 70 kg
in Pounds- 154 lbs
|Body Measurements||– Chest: 40 Inches
– Waist: 32 Inches
– Biceps: 14 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Black (Semi-Bald)
|Date of Birth||11 March 1966|
|Age (as in 2020)||54 Years|
|Birthplace||Nahan, Sirmaur district, Himachal Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Nahan, Sirmaur district, Himachal Pradesh, India|
|School||St. Xavier’s School, Delhi|
|College/University||Dharamsala College, Himachal Pradesh, India|
|Educational Qualifications||Graduated with a Master of Science in Geology from the Dharamsala College in Himachal Pradesh|
|Debut||Indi-Pop: Song- Dooba Dooba of the Album- Boondein in 1998 (of the Band Silk Route)
Bollywood: Song- Pehli Nazar Mein Dari Thi in the film Road (2002)
|Family||Father– B.K. Rana
Mother– Krishna Rana
Brother– Rohit Chauhan (Himachal Administrative Service Officer)
Sister– Parul Chandel
|Hobbies||Traveling, Playing Guitar
|Favourite Singer||Kishore Kumar|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife||Prarthna Gehlot, Journalist & Poetess (m. 2012)
|Children||Daughter– Not Known
Son– Not Known
|Salary||5-7 lakhs/song (INR)|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mohit Chauhan
- Does Mohit Chauhan Drink Alcohol?: Yes
- He was born to a Rajput family in a small town, Nahan, in the Sirmaur district of Himachal Pradesh (a hill state in India).
- He developed an interest in music during his childhood.
- He never received formal training in music.
- Apart from singing, he also plays guitar and flute very well.
- He came from Himachal Pradesh to Delhi in 1993 where he formed a band- Silk Route along with Arpit Gupta.
- He tasted his first success after his song- Dooba Dooba from the band Silk Route‘s album- Boondein.
- His first song in the Bollywood is- Pehli Nazar Mein Dari Thi from the Hindi film- Road (2002).
- He met A. R. Rahman at an award function in Delhi where Rahman desired to work along with him and told that he would give him a call soon. However, it took 5 years for Rahman to call him.
- Rahman gave him a chance to sing in the movie Rang de Basanti (2006) in which he sang Khoon Chala. The song proved to be the first success of Mohit in Bollywood.
- Mohit Chauhan became a household name after the song- Tum Se Hi from the film Jab We Met (2007).
- He has also sung in Bengali and Tamil films. His first Bengali song is for the movie- Sedin Dekha Hoyechilo and first Tamil song is- Po Nee Po for the Movie 3 with Anirudh.