|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 188 cm
in meters- 1.88 m
in feet- 6′ 2″
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|International Debut||Turned pro in 2003|
|Nature on field||Aggressive|
|Favourite Shot||Forehand down the line|
|Achievements (main ones)||• 15 Grand Slam titles.
• Achieved the No.1 ranking in July 2011.
|Career Turning Point||After defeating Andy Murray at the Australian Open 2011 finals, there was no looking back for Novak Djokovic. He went on to win 10 Grand Slam titles after this victory.|
|Date of Birth||22 May 1987|
|Age (as in 2020)||34 Years|
|Family||Father– Srdan Djokovic (Montenegro)
Mother– Dijana Djokovic (Croatia)
|Hobbies||Skiing, Horse riding, Music|
|Controversies||• Like Federer, Djokovic also said that he was against equal pay for women tennis players thus inviting outrage.
• On 2 February 2020, after winning the Australian Open Final against Dominic Thiem, Djokovic attracted $20,000 fine for touching the chair umpire during a heated exchange in the second set of the Australian Open final. The rules state: “Players shall not at any time physically abuse any official, opponent, spectator or another person within the precincts of the tournament site. Violation of this section shall subject a player to a fine up to [$30,000] for each violation.” ABC
• On 6 September 2020, he was disqualified in the U.S. Open fourth round after he hit a line judge with a ball following a point during the first set of his match against Spain’s Pablo Carreno Busta. The Hindu
|Tennis player||Pete Sampras|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Cars Collection||Mercedes Benz, Audi|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$90 Million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Novak Djokovic
- Does Novak Djokovic smoke: No
- Does Novak Djokovic drink alcohol: Yes
- Novak Djokovic is the only player who can claim to have beaten both Federer and Nadal in the same tournament on 3 different occasions (Montreal 2007, Indian Wells 2011, and US Open 2011).
- Djokovic was a part of the longest men’s singles Grand Slam finals where he defeated Rafael Nadal in five sets at the 2012 Australian Open. The match lasted 5 hours 53 minutes.
- Novak Djokovic is the first player ever to win three consecutive Australian Open titles.
- Djokovic is the first male player representing Serbia to have won a Grand Slam title.
- Djokovic holds the best match winning rate at (83.33%) on hard courts and is the only player in the Open Era to win the first three masters in a year.
- Novak Djokovic loves Pizza but cannot have it as he is allergic to Gluten.
- Djokovic can speak 4 different languages viz. Serbian, English, Italian & German.