|Full Name||Prem Kumar Dhumal|
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Political Journey||• In 1982, he became vice-president of Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha.
• After having lost his seat of Hamirpur in Lok Sabha elections 1984, he went on to win the same constituency in 1989 general elections.
• In 1993, Dhumal became the president of BJP Himachal Pradesh.
• He became the Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh in 1998.
• BJP made him the leader of the opposition after losing the Lok Sabha elections in 2003.
• He became the CM of Himachal Pradesh for the second time in December 2007, when BJP was elected to power in the state.
• After having lost the Vidhan Sabha elections in 2012, the party made him the leader of the opposition.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 173 cm
in meters– 1.73 m
in feet inches– 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 65 kg
in pounds– 143 lbs
|Hair Colour||Semi Bald (Salt & Pepper)|
|Date of Birth||10 April 1944|
|Age (as in 2017)||73 Years|
|Birth Place||Village & P.O. Samirpur, Tehsil Bhoranj, Distt. Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh (earlier Punjab, British India)|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aries|
|College/University||Doaba College, Jalandhar
Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
|Educational Qualification||Masters in Arts|
|Debut||Prior to joining politics in 1980s, he was a lecturer at a private college in Punjab.|
|Family||Father– Late Mahant Ram
Mother– Name Not Known
Brother– Not Known
Sister– Not Known
|Controversy||His five-year tenure from 1998 to 2003 as the CM of Himachal Pradesh saw 7 of his party leaders, including four ministers, and three legislators revolting against him alleging widespread corruption. All of them were later expelled from the state party, and the situation was controlled with the help of central government’s intervention.|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Sheela Dhumal (home maker)|
|Children||SonS– Arun Thakur, Anurag Thakur (Politician)
|Net Worth||INR 2 Crore (as in 2012)|