Some Lesser Known Facts About Pullela Gopichand
- Does Pullela Gopichand smoke?: No
- Does Pullela Gopichand drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Pullela used to play cricket earlier, but once he suffered from a sunstroke while playing cricket throughout the day, after which his brother introduced him to badminton when he was 10 years old.
- When he was 13 years old, he ruptured a ligament, but same year after a surgery he won the singles and the doubles titles in an inter-school competition.
- To get the best racquet for him to play, his mother sold her jewellery and bought him a racquet.
- In 1989, he won his 1st single title at the National Championship at Goa.
- In 1996, he won his 1st international singles title at SAARC games in Vijayawada.