|Real name||Rajesh Subramaniam The Times of India|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Date of Birth||14 September 1967 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||54 Years|
|School||Loyola School, Thiruvananthapuram|
|College/University||• SIES Group of Institutions, Bombay
• IIT, Bombay
• Syracuse University, New York
|Educational Qualification(s)||• M.S. in Chemical Engineering
• MBA in Marketing/Finance FedEx
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Uma Subramaniam (Employee at FedEx)
|Children||Son– Arjun Rajesh (employee at FedEx E-Commerce division)|
|Parents||Father– C Subramaniam (retired DGP in the Indian Police Service)
Mother– B Kamalammal (Anesthetist at a general hospital)
|Siblings||Brother– Rajeev Subrahmaniam (Employee at FedEx, US)|
|Net Worth (as of 2022)||$14 Million and Rs. 100 Crores (Approx.)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Raj Subramaniam full photo
- Raj Subramaniam is an Indian American businessman and the CEO of FedEx Corporation. He is a Gold Medalist IITian who is also the President and a member of the Board of directors of FedEx. He is a businessman who runs FedEx, a conglomerate with annual revenue of $ 92 Billion and a global employee base of over 6 Lakh individuals. FedEx
- Raj Subramaniam spent his childhood in Thiruvananthapuram and studied at Loyola School till the tenth standard. At the age of 15, he shifted to Bombay (now Mumbai) and studied at the SIES Group of Institutions till 12th standard. His father wanted him to join civil services, but Raj Subramaniam had a different interest. He attended the Indian Institute of Technology in Bombay where he graduated in 1987.
- After completing his graduation, he went to New York, where he pursued a Master of Chemical Engineering at Syracuse University and completed it in 1989. After that, he graduated with an MBA degree from the University of Texas, Austin in 1991.
- After completing his MBA, he joined FedEx in 1991 as a marketing analyst in Memphis, Tennessee. In an interview, he said,
He was in Chennai for his marriage when FedEx officials came to his college in the US for campus recruitment. The candidate they originally chose did not want to join as he wanted to come back to India. When Raj knew this, he informed them that he was available to attend the interview, after which he was selected.” The Times of India
- In 1996, he was promoted to the position of Vice President of Marketing, Asia Pacific at FedEx Express. He held this position till September 2003, and later, he was promoted to become the Regional President in Canada.
- In June 2006, he became the Senior Vice President at FedEx Services and held this position for six years and eight months. He became the EVP in Marketing & Communication at FedEx Corporation in February 2013. In January 2019, he became the President and CEO of FedEx Express and held this position for three months after which he became the President & COO of FedEx Cooperation in March 2019. FedEx
- He introduced transformational changes in the company and grew its e-commerce business to a whole new level while reviving the operating strategies of the company for digital transformation. With all these initiatives, he earned the Board member’s position at FedEx cooperation in 2020. In March 2022, the founder, Chairman, and CEO of the company Frederick W. Smith decided to step down from the CEO position at FedEx Corp and hold the position of Executive Chairman of the company following which it was announced that Raj Subramaniam would be the new CEO of the company with effect from 1 June 2022. FedEx
After stepping down from the CEO position, Frederick said,
- After becoming the CEO, Raj Subramaniam’s responsibilt be providing strategic direction to all FedEx entities. These include FedEx Express, FedEx Services, FedEx Office, FedEx Ground, FedEx Freight, FedEx Logistics, and FedEx Dataworks. In addition to this, he is also a member of FedEx’s Executive Committee, which plans and executes strategic business activities of the corporation. He also serves as a member of the FedEx Strategic Management Committee that provides strategic direction to the company. FedEx
- Raj Subramaniam is proficient in four languages including Hindi, English, Tamil, and Malayalam.