|Profession||Civil Servant (IAS Officer)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 175 cm
in meters– 1.75 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 9”
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Service||Indian Administrative Service (IAS)|
|Major Designations||• Assistant Collector (Junior Scale) at Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh (25 April 2013)
• SDO (Junior Scale) at Kanker, Chhattisgarh (14 August 2014-3 September 2015)
• Under Secy (Junior Scale) at School Edu Deptt, Raipur
• Chief Executive Officer at Panchayats Deptt (1 January 2016)
• Fifth collector in Surajpur, Chhattisgarh (2020)
|Date of Birth||7 September 1981 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||39 Years|
|College/University||• M D University Rohtak, Haryana
• University of Delhi
|Educational Qualification(s)||• B.Sc. in Physics
• B.Ed. Supremo
|Controversies||• He was accused in a bribe case in 2015, and as per the media sources, he took a bribe of Rs. 10,000 in Bhanupratappur, Chhattisgarh from a patwari. Later, he was transferred to the state secretariat in Raipur after the actThe Times of India
• In May 2021, Ranbir Sharma’s video went viral on social media in which he was seen slapping a man and smashing his phone on the ground for violating the COVID-19 protocols, and Ranbir was dismissed from his services for his misbehaviour. Later, he shared an apology video. He said,
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ranbir Sharma
- Ranbir Sharma is an IAS officer who passed out of the 2012 batch, Chhattisgarh cadre.
- He underwent training (Junior Scale) at LBSNAA Mussoorie between 3 September 2012 and 25 April 2013.
- He was designated as Assistant Collector (Junior Scale) at Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh on 25 April 2013.
- From 14 August 2014 to 3 September 2015, he was designated as the SDO (Junior Scale) at Kanker, Chhattisgarh.
- Later, he was appointed as the Under Secy (Junior Scale) at School Edu Deptt, Raipur.
- Ranbir Sharma served as the Chief Executive Officer at Panchayats Department on 1 January 2016.
- He was appointed as the fifth collector in Surajpur, Chhattisgarh, in May 2020 during the COVID-19 pandemic..
- In May 2021, he was suspended from his services for slapping a man who was violating the protocols of COVID-19.