|Full Name||Ravi Kishan Shukla|
|Party||Indian National Congress (2014-2017)
Bharatiya Janata Party (2017-present)
|Political Journey||2014: Joined the Indian National Congress and contested the Lok Sabha Elections from the Jaunpur constituency in Uttar Pradesh. However, he lost the election and could secure only 42,759 votes or 4.25 per cent of the total votes.
2017: Left the Congress and joined the BJP
2019: Contested the Lok Sabha Elections from the Gorakhpur Constituency and won against his nearest rival Rambhual Nishad by 3,01,664 votes.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 80 kg
in Pounds- 176 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 40 Inches
– Waist: 32 Inches
– Biceps: 13 Inches
|Date of Birth||17 July 1971|
|Age (as in 2019)||48 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Barain, Jaunpur, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|College||Rizvi College oF Art, Science And Commerce, Mumbai|
|Debut||Film: Pitambar (1992)
TV: Bigg Boss 1 (2006)
|Family||Father– Pt. Shyama Narayan Shukla
Mother– Jadavati Devi
Siblings– 4 (All Elder)
|Controversies||• He had an extra-marital affair with actress and politician Nagma.
• In 2015, he filed a missing complaint of his 19 year old daughter at the Bangurnagar police station, who left his house for the second time.
|Favourite Actors||Amitabh Bachchan, Balraj Sahni, Dilip Kumar, Pran, Motilal, Aamir Khan, Ranbir Kapoor|
|Favourite Films||Do Bigha Zamin, Guide|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Children||Daughters– Tanishq, Ishita, Riva (Actress)
|Salary||20-30 Lakh/film (INR)|
|Net Worth||Rs. 14 Crore (as in 2014)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ravi Kishan
- Does Ravi Kishan smoke?: No (Quit)
- Does Ravi Kishan drink alcohol?: Yes
- Ravi was born and brought up in a chawl in Santacruz, Mumbai, but as a result of a dispute in his family’s dairy business, his family shifted to Jaunpur in Uttar Pradesh when he was 10 years old.
- But When he was 17 years old, his mother gave him INR 500 after which he ran away from home to come to Mumbai.
- He was part of Ramleela, where he played the role of Sita.
- His debut film ‘Pitambar’ was a B-grade for which he was paid INR 5000.
- He was recognised after ‘Tere Naam’ (2003), where he played the role of a priest called ‘Rameshwar.’ Coincidently his father worked as a priest, hence, he took the inspiration for his character in the film from his father.
- He is known for his famous dialogue “Zindagi Jhandwa…Phir Bhi Ghamandwa.”
- He was the finalist in Bigg Boss 1 in 2006.
- In 2012, he participated in ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5.’