|Real Name||Ravi Patel IMDb|
|Profession(s)||Actor, Writer, and Director|
|Physical Stats & More|
|IMDbHeight||in centimeters– 170 cm
in meters– 1.7 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 7”
|Debut||Film: • After Midnight: Life Behind Bars (2006) as Sanji
• The Boys & Girls Guide to Getting Down (2006) as Rajeev.
TV: It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia (2005) as Lawyer.
|Date of Birth||18 December 1978 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||42 Years|
|Birthplace||Freeport, Stephenson County, Illinois|
|Hometown||Charlotte, North Carolina, United States|
|School||Myers Park High School, Charlotte, North Carolina, United States|
|University||The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill|
|Educational Qualification||Degree in Economics and International Studies The Charlotte Observer|
|Caste||Hindu Patidar YouTube|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Instagram|
|Political Inclination||Democratic Party The Quint|
|Hobbies||Basketball, Golf, Snowboarding, Fitness, and Writing|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Audrey, Caucasian girlfriend (ex-girlfriend)
|Marriage Date||8 November 2015 (Wednesday)
|Wife/Spouse||Mahaley Patel (Marriage & Family Therapist, Graduate)
|Children||Daughter– Amelie Patel
|Parents||Father– Vasant Patel (Financial Consultant)
Mother– Champa Patel (Real Estate Agent)
|Siblings||Sister– Geeta Patel (Actor and Director)
|Music||Hip-Hop and Rock|
|Car Collection||• Mazda CX-5 SUV
• Ford Escape
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ravi Patel
- Ravi Patel is a Hollywood actor and director. He was an investment banker before stepping into the field of entertainment and direction. He also started a well-known poker and sports-based magazine “All In” in his early career days.IMDb
- His family roots come from Utraj in Gujarat. His parents wanted him to marry an Indian Gujarat-based girl, but he went on to marry Mahaley Patel who is half-white and half-Afghan. The Charlotte Observer
- He owns a Granola bar company, “This Saves Lives,” that he founded with Kristen Bell, Ryan Devlin, and Todd Grinnell. The company gives a food packet to a malnourished child for every sold granola bar, which is sold through Starbucks and other such brands worldwide. During the promotion of his brand, Ravi Patel said, India West
It’s a for-profit that provides social good through consumers’ purchases. For every bar a customer buys, TBSL donates one meal-sized packet of Plumpy’Nut to a malnourished child through Save the Children, which works in India, Africa and other high-needs locations in the developing world.”
- He is part of Netflix series ‘Bhaag Beanie Bhaag,’ which also stars Varun Thakur, Dolly Singh, Mona Ambegaonkar, and Girish Kulkarni.
- He became eminent into the entertainment industry after his documentary “Meet The Patels” (2014), which he produced and co-directed with his sister Geeta Patel. The documentary bagged various nominations and awards – Nominee at “Emmy” for “Outstanding Arts & Culture Documentary,” Nominee at Documentary Award for “Best Documentary Feature,” Traverse City Film Festival “Best Film Winner of Founders Prize,” Nomination in “Viewfinders Grand Jury Prize and Nominee at “Audience Award”. He also co-directed the documentary “One in a Billion” with his sister Geeta Patel. The documentary was one of the most-watched documentaries of that year (2014).
- The idea to make the film “Meet The Patels” came to the brother-sister duo when they were on a trip to India to look for an ideal wife for Ravi Patel. The first shot was sent to PBS: Public Broadcasting Service for approval, and it ended up taking 6 years to make the famous comic documentary.
- HBO Max will Premiere ‘Ravi Patel’s CNN’s original series “Pursuit of Happiness,” the four-part original series is focused upon Ravi Patel, where he travels different part of the world accompanying either his family member or friend to seek answers to life’s universal questions, he travels with his parents to Mexico for the topic ageing and retirement, he shot an episode with his wife where he travels to Japan to seek insights about parenting and gender roles. Ravi Patel’s “Pursuit of Happiness” is produced by Whalerock Industries. Deadline
- He knows 4 languages, Spanish (advanced), German (intermediate), Gujarati (fluent), and Hindi (beginner).
- He is part of The New York Times Bestseller book “American Like Me: Reflection on Life of Between Cultures” by America Ferrera.
- He is part of some well-known films such as “Wonder Woman 1984″. He’s known for some small roles in movies like SXSW’s comedy “Come As You Are” (2019), Seth Rogen’s “Long Shot” (2019), “Transformers” (2007), and recurring parts on TV series: “Grandfathered” (2015-2016), “Past Life” (2010), “Meet the Patels” (2014), and “Master of None” (2015). The Charlotte Observer
- He formed a support group called “South Asian Block Party” to vote for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, in the 2020 US Presidential elections, where there were many famous Asian American names on the list who came together to encourage Asian American families to vote for Biden-Harris. In an interview with The Quint, Ravi Patel expressed his views on the support group The Quint–
This is not only one of the most critical elections in our lifetime, but also very historic and exciting for Asian Americans. It’s deeply personal for me and my entire family to see Kamala Harris so close to becoming the Vice President of the United States. This isn’t time for any of us to sit on the sidelines, but to do everything we can to elect Biden and Harris. We can make a difference in this election if we can get our parents, then our aunties and uncles and our cousins to vote. Call, zoom, text – do whatever you can.”