|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
|Political Journey||• In 1988, she joined BJP as a member of its women wing, BJP Mahila Morcha.
• In 1989, she was made the president of BJP Mahila Morcha of Champaran region.
• In 1991, she was promoted as the General Secretary of BJP’s Bihar Mahila Morcha.
• In 1995, she unsuccessfully contested her first election from Bihar’s Nautan Assembly Constituency on the ticket of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
• In 1996, she was made the president of BJP Mahila Morcha.
• In 2000, she was elected as the MLA from the Bettiah constituency of Bihar and retained the post till 2015.
• In 2014 she was elected as the national vice president of BJP. She remained on the post till 2020.
• In 2020, she was re-elected as the MLA of Bettiah constituency of Bihar.
• In 2020, she was appointed as one of the two deputy CMs of Bihar along with Tarkishore Prasad. Along with that, she was given the charge for Panchayati Raj, Backward Classes Development, ECB and Industry portfolios.
|Date of Birth||1 November 1959 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||61 Years|
|Birthplace||Bettiah, West Champaran, Bihar|
|Hometown||Bettiah, West Champaran, Bihar|
|School||M.D.D.M. College, Muzaffarpur (1977)|
|Educational Qualification||12th My Neta|
|Religion||Hinduism My Neta|
|Caste||Noniya The Quint|
|Address||Sakin, Lal Bazar Near-Power House, Bettiah, District-West Champaran, Bihar|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||Year 1973|
|Husband||Durga Prasad (Insurance Inspector; died in 1979)|
|Parents||Father– Krishna Prasad (Engineer)
Mother– Name not known
|Car Collection||Mahindra Scorpio My Neta|
|Salary (approx.)||Rs. 2.4 lakh per annum (basic salary as a Bihar MLA) The Indian Express|
|Assets/Properties My Neta||Movable
Bank Deposits: Rs. 3 Crore
Agricultural Land: Land worth Rs. 36 lakh in Bettiah, West Champaran
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 3.5 crores My Neta|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Renu Devi
- Renu Devi is an Indian politician from the state of Bihar and one of the two Deputy CMs of Bihar. She is a four-time MLA from Bihar’s Bettiah constituency.
- Renu Devi was born into a well-to-do family. Her father was a junior engineer in Bihar’s Irrigation and Water Resources Department.
- Renu Devi got strongly influenced by the RSS ideology quite early in her childhood as she grew up around the people associated with the RSS. Her mother was an active member of the RSS, and also her maternal grandfather had an office of RSS at his home in Muzaffarpur from 1935 to 1972.
- Renu got married at a very young age to an insurance inspector based in Howrah, West Bengal.
- Renu Devi moved to Kolkata after she got married to a Kolkata-based insurance inspector. After her husband’s demise in 1979, she returned with her children to her ancestral home, Bettiah, West Champaran.
- In 1981, she stepped into social activism and voluntarily worked for the welfare of people for the next few years.
- In 1988, she was appointed as the coordinator of RSS-affiliated Durga Vahini after which she officially joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) the next year in 1989.
- Renu Devi created history as she became the first woman deputy CM of Bihar in November 2020, succeeding former deputy CM Sushil Modi.