|Profession(s)||Pilot, YouTube Vlogger|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 165 cm
in meters– 1.65 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 5”
|Debut||TV: Smart Jodi on StarPlus (2022)|
|Date of Birth||20 November 1990 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||31 Years|
|Birthplace||Gurugram, Haryana, India|
|Hometown||Gurugram, Haryana, India|
|School||Blue Bells Model School, Gurugram|
|College/University||St Stephen’s College, Delhi, India|
|Educational qualification||BSc Chemistry LinkedIn|
|Caste||Jatt YouTube- Shiv Life|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||5 February 2015
|Husband/Spouse||Gaurav Taneja (YouTuber, pilot)
|Children||Elder Daughter– Kairavi Taneja (Rashi)
Younger Daughter– Chaitravi Taneja (Pihu)
|Parents||Names Not Known
|Siblings||Brother– Prateek Rathee (builder, YouTuber)
Nisha Rathee (flight crew)
|Food||Cheesecake, Aloo paratha|
|Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|TV Shows||Indian: Siya Ke Ram (2015)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ritu Rathee Taneja
- Ritu Rathee Taneja is an Indian Pilot and YouTube Vlogger who became famous after appearing in her husband, Gaurav Taneja’s (Flying Beast), daily vlogs.
- Ritu was born and brought up in a middle class family in Haryana India. She dreamt of becoming a pilot since childhood but was always struggled to come out of stereotypes of society she was living in. She grew up in a society where her relatives thought that she should get married before she got too educated but her parents played the role of her biggest supports who worked hard to send her to school. Talking about her passion, she said
I was never a desk person and was very good with Maths and Science. I never wanted to get into engineering, but a friend’s suggestion to become a pilot got me thinking. I went to Arizona in the US for pilot training. It was not that I dreamt of becoming a pilot, but once I started flying, it turned into a passion.”
- Breaking all the stereotypes and leaving behind all boundaries, she applied for the training programs in the US. Eight months later, she got the admission in a well reupdated flying school in aboard. Her parents were very much hesitant to send her halfway across the world alone and major issue was arranging a big amount of money to pay for her course. Finding a solution for it, Ritu requested her father to spend the money he had saved for her wedding on her education instead, promising to make them proud one day.
I was good in studies as well as in motor skills. The main thing was the society pressure. I had to convince my father a lot for my training. It was the first time in my family that a girl alone from my family traveled abroad. It was a tough decision for my parents to take. “
- After completing her training, she retuned back to India and was not able to get a job for almost a year. She also lost her mother due to a brain haemorrhage during this period of her life and her family was surviving on loans. In order to tackle the situation, she studied for more than seven hours a day to get a job and also did a part-time job to financially support her family.During an interview, she narrated her struggles, and said,
I decided to do a job for Rs 12k and used to ride my karizma bike from Gurgaon to Delhi everyday. I was always a tomboy kind of personality. Later, I went to Ahmedabad for another job which was paying me around 25k. The scenario of aviation got better and there were some vacancies. My daily routine was very hectic. After doing all the work I used to study from 9 pm to 3am. Then sleep and wake up in between studying and then going to my work. I could never hangout with my colleagues.”
- A year later, she finally got an offer to join as a co-pilot from a well established airline in India. This was a life changing moment of her life. She flew about 60 flights a month for almost four years and was eventually promoted to the position of the Captain. Talking about her passion for flying, she said,
I love to fly aircraft, flying in the sky, landing the aircraft, having a watch on the weather. Every flight has different challenges and I love to take up those challenges, and I love my profession”, she says ecstatically while talking about her profession. “I love the randomness of flying. Flying challenges you; you’re thinking of your procedures, your way of doing things, and pushes you to bring out the best of yourself.”
- Ritu Rathee Taneja met her future husband, Gaurav Taneja, at a quarterly training done by the airlines for all the pilots. At that time, Gaurav was captain in the same airline. After dating each other for almost a year, both got married on 5 February 2015.
- Ritu Rathee rose to popularity after appearing in Gaurav Taneja’s daily vlogs. He runs three YouTube channels ‘FitMuscle TV,’ for content related to fitness and health, ‘Flying Beast,’ a daily vlog channel, and ‘Rasbhari Ke Papa’ for travel vlogging.
I used to be present in his video where I was shown doing normal household chores, and with feedback they realised that people were enjoying our conversations and chemistry. This led to Flying Beast.”
- Ritu Rathee is blessed with two daughter. Watching her life as a mother, YouTuber, and also a commercial pilot is an inspiration for many. She fits in every role of her life and is often appreciated for it. She had the opportunity to meet former US President Barack Obama in Singapore through Google in 2019.
- Ritu Taneja is a big name in the social media community. She has performed with her husband at the YouTube FanFest.
- Ritu Rathee Taneja made her television debut with her husband Gaurav in 2022 with StarPlus’ reality television show ‘Smart Jodi.’ The feature ten popular real life married celebrity couples and they will compete against each other in this fun game show to win the title of ‘Smart Jodi.’ Other celebrity couples on the show are Neil Bhatt and Aishwarya Bhatt, Arjun Bijlani and Neha, Ankit Tiwari and Pallavi, Ankita Lokhande and Vicky, Kris Srikanth and Vidya, Balraj and Deepti, Rahul Mahajan and Natalya, Bhagyashree and Himalay, and Monalisa and Vikrant. During a media interaction, when asked about the show, she said,
This is a true test for us to evaluate how well we know one another at an intrinsic level and how consistent is our compatibility meter really is. We are quite excited with our television foray as this will be a brand-new experimental inning for us beyond the online and content space.”
- Ritu Rathee is a popular social media influencer. She is followed by more than 1.4 million followers on her Instagram account.
- She is often seen promoting various brands on her Instagram account.
- Taneja is an animal lover and she also has a pet dog at her home named ‘Mau.’
- Ritu Rathee Taneja is a follower of Sadhguru, an Indian yoga guru and a prominent spiritual leader.
- Apart from being a social media star, she also makes sure to spend some of her time doing tasks for the betterment of her society. She is associated with a number of NGO’s to her girl child across the country. In 2019, she along with her husband took initiative to help a chaiwala in getting her daughter married by providing them a sum of Rs 51 Thousand. Talking about it, she said,
We searched for a chaiwala who has a daughter, and then we held a meet up with our fans and requested them to donate whatever they liked in exchange of a selfie and a cup of chai. We multiplied that amount and opened a fixed deposit for Rs 51,000 in the girl’s name with her mother as nominee. We want to take this initiative across India and help as many girls as possible.”