Some Lesser Known Facts About Roger Federer
- Does Roger Federer smoke: No
- Does Roger Federer drink alcohol: Yes
- As a child Roger Federer was a vegetarian. He started eating meat at the age of 14.
- When Federer was 16, he decided to quit school and devote only to tennis.
- After winning the “orange bowl“ against Guillermo Coria in 1998, Roger posted up on his home door an adhesive tape with written on it:”the number one lives here!”
- Federer was appointed as UNICEF’S Goodwill ambassador in the year 2006.
- Roger Federer once won 105 points without an unforced error against John Isner in US OPEN 2007.
- In 2011, Federer was polled as the “2nd most admired and respected person in the world” behind only Nelson Mandela.