|Profession(s)||Film Director, Producer, Host|
|Famous for||Directing the Bollywood film series ‘Golmaal’|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 178 cm
in meters– 1.78 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 10”
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 46 Inches
– Waist: 44 Inches
– Biceps: 16 Inches
|Debut||Film (Director): Zameen (2003)
TV (Host): Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi Darr Ka Blockbuster (2014)
|Awards||• 2013: Best film at Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards India for the film ‘Chennai Express’
• 2014: Mr. Box Office India Blockbuster at Star Box Office India Awards for the film ‘Singham Returns’
• 2018: Best Film (Jury’s Choice Award) at Zee Cine Awards for the film ‘Golmaal Again’
|Date of Birth||14 March 1974 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||48 Years|
|School||St. Mary’s High School & Junior College, Mumbai|
|Address||He resides in an apartment at Hasya Kalakar Mehmood Chowk, Juhu, Mumbai.|
|Tattoo(s)||He has a tatto on his right arm and left arm.
|Controversies||• Rohit Katrina fight:
In 2020, in an interview, Rohit said that he made a comment on actress Katrina Kaif who was a part of his film ‘Sooryavanshi.’ The comment that he made on Katrina was,
Katrina, I will tell you honestly, no one is going to look at you.
Rohit made this comment in connection to a scene that was shown in the trailer where Katrina was seen with Akshay Kumar, Ajay Devgn, and Ranveer Singh. After he revealed this in the interview, many people called him sexist.
Dear Friends and Well-wishers… I normally do not comment on media reports or articles… But in this case, I feel a comment made by Rohit Sir has been taken out of context and is been entirely misunderstood. I am referring to the comment as reported that Rohit Shetty said, ‘No one would look at me in the frame, as there are three boys there and a blast happening.” Hindustan Times
• Bad Muslim Good Muslim:
If I ask you one question, Jaykant Shikare was Hindu a Marathi, in this universe second came a Hindu Godman was there, then in Simmba a Maharashtrian again. In these three negative forces were Hindu. Why isn’t that a problem? Hindustan Times
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Prachi Desai (actress) (rumoured)
|Marriage Date||Year, 2005|
|Wife/Spouse||Maya Rohit Shetty (banker)
|Parents||Father– M. B. Shetty (stuntman)
• Hriday (stepbrother)
• Uday Shetty (stepbrother)
• Chanda Shetty
• Chaya Shetty
• Mehek Shetty (Elder)
|Actor||Ajay Devgn, Amitabh Bachchan|
|Director(s)||Raju Hirani, Shankar, Rajamouli, James Cameron, Michael Bay|
|Car Collection||• Lamborghini Urus
• Ford Mustang GT
• Maserati GT Sport
• Range Rover Vogue
• BMW 7- Series
|Salary||He earns Rs. 49 lakh per episode. News18|
|Net Worth (as of 2019)||Rs. 32.17 crore Forbes India|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rohit Shetty
- Rohit Shetty is an Indian film director, producer and host who is known for directing the Bollywood film series ‘Golmaal’ in 2006.
- He began working in films at an early age.
- When he was seventeen years old, he worked as an assistant director in the Bollywood film ‘Phool Aur Kaante.’
- During the initial days of his career, he worked with Ajay Devgn in the films Suhaag, Haqeeqat, Pyaar To Hona Hi Tha, Hindustan Ki Kasam and Raju Chacha.
- He became an independent director in 2003 with the film Zameen. In 2006, he directed the film Golmaal which gained a lot of popularity.
- In 2010, his film ‘Golmaal 3’ became a hit and entered the 100 Crore Club domestically.
- In 2011, he created Cop Universe and directed the film ‘Singham’ under it. Cop Universe is an Indian media franchise that consists of media focusing on police officers.
- He has directed other Bollywood films that including Bol Bachchan (2012), Chennai Express (2013), Dilwale (2015), Simmba (2018), and Sooryavanshi (2021).
- He has appeared as a judge on the television show Comedy Circus (2009-2011) and India’s Next Superstars (2018).
- He has appeared as a guest on various shows that include Bigg Boss 13 (2019), Dance Deewane 3 (2021), Bigg Boss 15 (2021), Hunarbaaz: Desh Ki Shaan (2022), and India’s Got Talent (season 9) (2022).
- He has hosted various reality shows including Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 5 (2014), Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 6 (2015), Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 8 (2017), Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 9 (2019), and Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi – Made in India (2020).
- Rohit Shetty and Ajay Devgn have been friends for a long time as they have worked together in the film series ‘Golmaal’ and ‘Singham.’ In an interview, Ajay Devgn talked about Rohit and said,
My journey would have remained incomplete without Rohit. He had joined Ajay Devgn FFilms as an assistant, and became part of the family. I take loads of pride in Rohit, who started with us and has reached so far. He made it possible with his dedication and hard work as well as his passion. All of us have witnessed his journey.”
To this, Rohit responded in an interview, and said,
My film journey would be incomplete without Ajay Devgn’s part in it. We have spent 30 years together, and this relation is just not about a few Fridays, but of two generations. Let me tell you that whatever you guys see in Tanhaji is a dream that Ajay had nurtured for almost 30 years. He wanted it to be a visual of a lifetime for all of you. Incidentally and fortunately, this is Ajay’s 100th film, but behind this has been his honesty, commitment and dedication.”
- In 2022, he became the brand ambassador of the clothing brand LawmanPg3.
- In 2022, Anand Mahindra, Chairperson of Mahindra and Mahindra, launched a new model of SUV, ScorpioN, and said that Rohit Shetty would need a nuclear bomb to explode this car. He said this in reference to Rohit Shetty’s films, where he is often seen exploding cars.
- Rohit has directed many films about Mumbai police, but in 2020, he said that he would take a break from the cop world and that is why there was no cop introduced at the end of the film ‘Sooryavanshi.’
- In an interview, he revealed that when he was in class six, he failed and had to repeat the class.
- When he started his career in the 90s, he used to earn Rs. 35, in which he used to manage his food and travelling.
- In 2022, he made his digital debut with the web series ‘Indian Police Force.’ The series starred Sidharth Malhotra, Shilpa Shetty and Vivek Oberoi.
- In 2022, he took to social media to announce that he would make a biopic on Mumbai’s cop Rakesh Maria.
- In an interview, Rohit said that there were no vulgar scenes in his films because he knew his audience included elderly persons. He said,
My saying that would be quite arrogant. It would be filmy for me to say I know the formula. But, I feel that I know my audience’s emotions. It’s the aunties, mummies, dadas and dadis, and I don’t want them to be uncomfortable in the cinema hall during any scene, and that works for me.”