|Profession(s)||Actress, Model, Content Creator, Meme Maker|
|Famous Role(s)||‘Shanthi’ in the pan-India film sequels K.G.F: Chapter 1 (2018) and K.G.F: Chapter 2 (2022)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 167 cm
in meters– 1.67 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 55 kg
in pounds– 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-28-34|
|Debut||Film: K.G.F: Chapter 1 (2018) as ‘Shanthi’
|Date of Birth||2 December 1991 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||30 Years|
|School||Indian Public School, Bangalore|
|College/University||• Mount Carmel College, Bangalore
• Atria Institute of Technology, Bangalore
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Studied PCMB at Mount Carmel College, Bangalore (2009)
• Electronics & Communication Engineering from Atria Institute of Technology, Bangalore
|Relationships & More|
|Siblings||She has an elder brother.|
|Actor(s)||Jack Black, Ben Stiller, Will Ferrell, Yash, Puneeth Rajkumar, Vijay Sethupathi, Dhanush|
|Actress(es)||Amy Poehler, Tina Fey|
|Holiday Destination||Los Angeles|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Roopa Rayappa
- Roopa Rayappa is an Indian model, actress, content creator, and meme maker, who mostly works in the Kannada film industry.
- She was inclined towards acting since childhood.
- During the final year of her college, Roopa joined a theatre group and actively took part in plays.
- Slowly, she began working as an actress in commercial plays. She has acted in many plays in the Kannada and English language.
- Roopa is associated with many well-known English and Kannada theatre groups like Bangalore Little Theater, Jagriti Theatre, PraKaSam, and MeeMaw Mystery Theatre.
- Subsequently, she featured in the TV advertisements of brands like Colors Super, a TV channel, and Karle Infra, a real estate and urban infrastructure development company headquartered in Bangalore.
- As a model, she has also shot for print advertisements for brands like MFine and Bank Bazaar.
- Rayappa has also featured in the music videos of many Kannada songs like Sakhi by Rao Nandakishore.
- Roopa handled the backstage operations before becoming an actress.
- In October 2016, she auditioned for a role in the Kannada period action drama K.G.F: Chapter 1 but did not succeed. However, later, she was offered the role of Shanthi, a slave, in the film. Released on 21 December 2018 in theatres across India, the film was dubbed in four other languages including Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, and Hindi.
- Although Roopa played a small role in K.G.F: Chapter 1 (2018), her performance was liked by the audience and the critics. In an interview, while talking about it, she said,
A lot of industry insiders have recognised me. In the past, I had to go looking for opportunities. Now when I say I have acted in KGF, they take me seriously. The film fraternity has started recognising me because of this film, and congratulatory messages have been pouring in. It has been generating more work for me.”
- Thereafter, she appeared in the Kannada film Trataka (2018).
- Next, she played the role of ‘Neha’ in the Kannada film ‘One Cut Two Cut’ (2022).
- Roopa has also appeared in the Kannada film ‘Mysore Diaries’ (2022).
- In 2022, she played the role of Shanthi, a worker at K.G.F, in K.G.F: Chapter 2, the second instalment of the period action film K.G.F: Chapter 1.
- She has also acted in a few short films like Ksana and Laali.
- She is a social drinker and prefers consuming wine the most.
- A movie buff, Roopa used to watch at least two films a day in her teenage.
- Reading and Travelling are her favourite pastimes.
- During an interview, while talking about losing an acting project, Roopa said,
I just lost out on one because I didn’t know driving. However, I have one project which is getting finalised, and I am in talks for another film.”
- In 2015, Roopa was honoured with the ‘Best Short Film Karnataka’ award for the film ‘Nityakarma’ at the Bengaluru International Short Film Festival (BISFF).
- In an interview, Rayappam shared that she desired to act in Tamil films like ‘Aruvi’ (2016) and ‘Aramm’ (2017) and Kannada films like ‘Nathicharami’ (2018).
- She was once featured on the cover of Vogue magazine.
- Roopa admires many renowned leaders and philosophers like Martin Luther King Jr. and Albert Einstein.