|Profession(s)||Supermodel and Actor|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Rediff Height||in centimeters– 183 cm
in meters– 1.83 m
in feet & inches– 6’
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 65 kg
in pounds– 143 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 40 Inches
– Waist: 30 Inches
– Biceps: 15 Inches
|Debut||TV (contestant): The Amazing Race Asia 1 (2006) aired on AXN Asia
Film: Don 2: The King is Back (2011) as Arjun
|Date of Birth||Source 1: 13 April 1979 (Friday) Rediff
Source 2: 17 October 1982 (Sunday) Wikipedia
|Age (as of 2021)||Source 1: 42 Years
Source 2: 38 Years
|Zodiac sign||Aries or Libra|
|School||A boarding school in Panchgani, Maharashtra|
|College/University||• Jai Hind College, Mumbai
• Deakin University, Melbourne Burwood Campus, Burwood, Australia
|Educational Qualification||• Graduation in E-commerce from Jai Hind College, Mumbai
• Master’s in Information Technology from Deakin University, Melbourne Burwood Campus, Burwood, Australia Telly Chakkar Movie Talkies Rediff
|Ethnicity||Sindhi Deccan Herald|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Priyanka Chopra (rumoured; actress) Hindustan Times
|Parents||Names Not Known
|Siblings||Sister– Sapna Vaid (celebrity makeup artist and hairstylist)
|Food||Aloo Parantha Fried in Ghee|
|Freedom Fighter||Anna Hazare|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sahil Shroff
- Sahil Shroff is an Indian supermodel and actor. He debuted as an actor in the Hindi film ‘Don: The King is Back.’
- Since his childhood, he was inclined towards sports and wanted to become a cricketer, but due to some personal issues, he could not pursue his dream. During an interview, he talked about his love for sports. He said,
I was a sports player. I was a cricketer till I was 18 and whoever knew me and how I played there was a 100% surety that I would go up and play cricket. But something happened in my life, I changed my perspective and I pushed myself to go to Australia and study because I didn’t want to be in India. The circumstances were really difficult and when I went to Australia, I had to work because we couldn’t afford my education and my stay.”
If you know about sportsmen, the minute they are not able to play sports, there’s a very big chance they’ll go and party and they’ll do the opposite of everything a sportsman has to do and I did that. I needed a job that allows me to do that and at the same time, allows me to party and pays my bills. The bouncers were one of the highest-paid jobs in Australia and I started well. Also, because I didn’t mind a fight or scrap, I got into it. I was getting paid to party basically, and I also got confronted with a lot of tough situations. The actor believes that tough times are a part of life, and one has to go through them to succeed.”
- Later, he shifted to Australia to pursue higher studies. Simultaneously, he worked in the graveyard shifts as a bouncer in nightclubs.
- After returning to India, he started giving modelling auditions. After doing various modelling projects, he got a chance to work with renowned Indian fashion designers like Manish Malhotra, Vikram Phadnis, Narendra Kumar, and JJ Valaya.
- During an interview, while talking about his experience as a model, he said,
Modelling has a very small life especially for male models and they need a lot of hard work and skill to get noticed. I won’t say men have harder life in the modelling world but yes there is less work for them and that is where the diversion to Bollywood comes into.”
- He has appeared in various TV commercials including Lux, Tata Indica Xeta, Nestle Everyday, and Cadbury Eclairs.
- After doing various modelling projects, he debuted as an actor in the Hindi film ‘Don: The King is Back’ for which he took voice classes and acting classes at the acting school Anupam Kher’s Actor Prepares.
- Some of his other films as an actor are ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’ (2014) and ‘Dear Maya’ (2017). In 2019, he acted in the Hindi film ‘Desi Magic’ produced by the Indian actress Ameesha Patel.
- He also appeared in the Hindi web series ‘Baarish’ in 2019, along with the Indian actors Asha Negi and Sharman Joshi.
- In 2021, he participated in the TV reality show ‘Bigg Boss 15.’ He was voted out of the show in the first eviction episode.
- During an interview, he talked about his acting and modelling journey. He said,
My journey has been amazing. I’m a middle-class boy from Bombay, I come from a simple family which has no idea about all this and I went from being a sportsman to going to study in Australia to being a bouncer to go to wanting to be a model and then pursuing acting. Then I went to America, just by myself, and worked there. I’m just following my gut feeling, even in the case of Bigg Boss.”
He further said,
Everyone looks at rejection as a part of something. You are going to do a job where they are going to select one person out of 200 or 300. Most of the time, I get selected. There are lots of there where I’ve not been selected for some reason. I need to understand that the DNA of the job has rejection embedded in it. I understood this a long time ago, so I prepped myself. But I have always focussed on getting the job.”
- He has an apparel store in Colaba, Mumbai.
- He shared grooming tips for men in the December 2013 issue of the lifestyle magazine for men named ‘Men’s Health.’
- He regularly practices Yoga, and during an interview, while sharing his workout routine, he said,
I spent one hour a day every morning with myself for self-growth and meditation and one hour every evening for soccer, cricket, gym, running, or anything physical. This personal time assists me in taking on anything life has to offer.”
- He is well versed in singing and cooking.
- He loves motorcycles and owns a Royal Enfield motorcycle.