|Profession(s)||RTI Activist, Social Activist, and Former Journalist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 170 cm
in meters– 1.70 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 7”
|Date of Birth||Year 1988|
|Age (as of 2021)||33 Years|
|College/University||• Wilson College, Mumbai
• Trinity College, London
• Prague School, Czech Republic
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Journalism and Media Studies (2004-2007)
• Course in Language Teaching LinkedIn
|Religion||Hinduism OP India|
|Caste||Brahmin OP India|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Unmarried Vice|
|Parents||Father– Suhas Gokhale (Retired police officer and senior inspector at the Anti Narcotic Cell)
Mother– Neela Gokhale
|Siblings||Sister– Shruti Gokhale (Younger)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Saket Gokhale
- Does Saket Gokhale smoke?: Yes
- Does Saket Gokhale drink alcohol?: Yes
- Saket Gokhale is a well-known Indian RTI activist, former journalist, and social activist.
- He started his career as an English teacher at Hampson CS s.r.o. in Mlada Boleslav, Czech Republic in April 2008.
- In the same year, in June 2008, he started working as an Independent Foreign Correspondent for Europe and South Asia.
- He joined Debtwire (Financial Times Group) in October 2009 and worked as a South Asia correspondent.
- He volunteered as a management and re-structuring consultant at Ladakh Hilfe/REWA Society, Leh, Ladakh in 2011.
- Saket then started working at Flarepath Digital, Mumbai in April 2014, where he worked as a Head- Brand Content Strategy.
- In July 2015, he joined HT Media Ltd, New Delhi as Creative Director & Head – Content (Digital Quotient) and worked there till February 2017.
- He then quit his job and started working as an RTI activist. He has always been in news for his petitions and has filed more than 50 RTIs as of 2021.
- He filed a PIL in the Supreme Court of India to investigate Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s undeclared assets in April 2019, but his petition was rejected several times as it had many defects. He then penned down a letter to the Chief Justice of India stating that someone in the Supreme Court of India was trying to save PM Narendra Modi. A few lines from his letter were,
Milord, without getting into the minute details of my case or prejudicing it. I just wish to bring to your notice that my Writ Petition pertains to discrepancies about details on land properties in Gujarat owned by the Honorable Prime Minister which were not declared in his election affidavit.” National Herald
- Amid the Coronavirus pandemic in 2020, he filed a plea in the Allahabad High Court to restrain Bhoomi Poojan or a ground-breaking ceremony for the Ram temple in Ayodhya. He objected to the gathering of 300 people at the same place and violating the social distancing guidelines issued by the state and centre government. However, the Allahabad High Court rejected his plea, and later, Saket talked about the same on a TV news channel. According to Saket, he received several death threats from BJP and RSS. Scroll.in
- In 2020, he filed a petition in the Bombay High Court in which he insisted the court to give directions to the Ministry of Women & Child Development to suspend Rekha Sharma as its chairperson. He said that she was promoting anti-Muslim theory “love jihad” among the public. National Herald India
- He wrote a complaint letter to the Maharashtra Home Minister in 2021 in which he questioned the former chief minister of Maharashtra Devendra Fadnavis of attaining Remdesivir stock from Gujarat which was only for the government. In his letter, he wrote,
This issue is not only a grave threat to the stability of the government of Maharashtra but also an affront to the millions of residents of Maharashtra who are desperately searching and scrambling for Remdesivir in the middle of this pandemic while it is hoarded by an Opposition party illegally.”
He further wrote,
The claim [made] by Fadnavis about his plans to donate the Remdesivir to the state government seems like an afterthought and an explanation hastily concocted when the illegal procurement of Remdesivir was caught by the Mumbai Police.” India Today
- His father, Suhas Gokhale was arrested in 2015 on the day of his retirement for having an alleged contact with a drug dealer. After almost four years, he was cleared from the charge sheet as he was not found guilty. Saket shared a heartfelt post on his social media account, on the eve of father’s day, he wrote,
On this Father’s Day, I appeal to all you kids to give your fathers a tight hug and tell them how much you appreciate that they are there. Also if your dad is your hero, please tell him so. Because we never say it enough. I wish to tell my dad that I love him to bits. I can neither say this to him nor can I hug him.”
- Saket raised Rs. 22 lakhs through a website ‘Our Democracy’ in 2020 to take on BJP’s hate machine. He raised fund through an appeal on his Twitter account, he tweeted,
- Saket was admitted to a hospital in December 2020; as he had a complaint of chest pain and breathlessness, and he was later, detected with a mild cardiac arrest.
- Saket is an animal lover and has a few pet dogs and cats, and one of his pet dogs’ name is Layla.
- In his leisure time, he loves to read books and listen to rock music.
- In his various social media posts, he said that he was a big fan of the American singer Bob Dylan.
- Saket can speak various languages including English, German, Hindi, Czech language, and Marathi.
- In his various social media posts, he expressed his anger towards BJP and support towards the Congress party.