Age: 34 Years
Marital Status: Separated
|Real Name||Samantha Ruth Prabhu|
|Other Name||Samantha Akkineni|
|Nickname(s)||Yasodha, Yasho, Sam|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in Feet Inches- 5′ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 53 kg
in Pounds- 117 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-26-34|
|Eye Colour||Hazel Brown|
|Date of Birth||28 April 1987|
|Age (as of 2022)||35 Years|
|Birthplace||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Hometown||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|School||Holy Angels Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School, Chennai|
|College||Stella Maris College, Chennai|
|Educational Qualification||Degree in Commerce|
|Debut||Film: Ye Maaya Chesave (2010, Telugu film)
Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa (2010, Tamil film)
|Family||Father– Joseph Prabhu
Brother– Jonathan, David
|Hobbies||Reading, listening to music, shopping, gymming|
|Controversies||In September 2013, Samantha created a stir by posting a controversial tweet on her social media account. The tweet was with respect to the first poster of Mahesh Babu‘s film, Nenokkadine. It read, “Saw a poster of a yet to be released Telugu film. Not only is it deeply regressive, but it’s point is actually that it is deeply regressive.” The tweet did not go well with the fans of Mahesh Babu and they started criticizing and dis-respecting her.
In support of Samantha, her then boyfriend, Siddharth joined the conversation and started making derogatory comments against fans, by calling them haters and terrorists.
The fans were unhappy to such an extent that as per topsy.com, the hashtag #GetLostSamanthaAndSiddharth received 11,000+ tweets in just five hours.
|Food||Sushi, Sweet pongal, Dairy milk chocolate, Paalakova|
|Actors||Dhanush, Suriya, Rajnikanth|
|Directors||Mani Ratnam, Woody Allen|
|TV Show||American: The West Wing|
|Book||The Secret by Rhonda Byrne|
|Book||The Secret By Rhonda Byrne|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Marital Status||Separated Hindustan Times|
Naga Chaitanya (2015-present)
|Husband/Spouse||Naga Chaitanya (Actor, m. 2017; sep. 2021)
|Marriage Date||6 October 2017|
|Car Collection News 18||• Porsche Cayman GTS
• Land Rover Range Rover
• Jaguar XF
• Audi Q7
• Mercedes Benz G63
• BMW 7 Series
|House||She own an ultra-luxurious house in the posh Jubilee Hills neighbourhood of Hyderabad. Hindustan Times|
|Expensive Things/Valuables||• Super Expensive Pair of Manolo Blahniks (cost between Rs 98,000 and Rs 1 lakh)
• Gucci Sling Bag (costs around Rs 1.4 lakhs)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Samantha Ruth Prabhu
- Does Samantha Ruth Prabhu smoke: Yes
- Does Samantha Ruth Prabhu drink alcohol: Not Known
- Samantha is of mixed origin as her mother Ninette is from Kerala while her father Joseph hails from Andhra Pradesh.
- She was a bright student and used to top the class all the time.
- Samantha’s family wasn’t financially well-off, and thus in order to generate some extra pocket money, she decided to take up modelling at a very young age.
- In 2012, due to an immune system disorder, she had to take a long break from movies; the use of antibiotics had further deteriorated her condition. Owing to this period, she lost a lot of film offers.
- She was diagnosed with diabetes in 2013.
- Samantha, a philanthropist, is the founder of the charitable trust Pratyusha Support. The trust provides medical support for women and children from the financially weaker sections.
- In October 2021, she took to Instagram to announce that she and Chaitanya had decided to separate. Hindustan Times She wrote,
To all our well wishers. After much deliberation and thought Chay and I have decided to part ways as husband and wife to pursue our own paths. We are fortunate to have a friendship of over a decade that was the very core of our relationship which we believe will always hold a special bond between us. We request our fans, well wishers and the media to support us during this difficult time and give us the privacy we need to move on. Thanking you for your support.”
Reportedly, she also said no to Rs. 200 crore alimony offered by Chaitanya, citing that she was a self-made woman. India Today