Height: 5′ 6″
Hometown: Syangja, Nepal
Age: 22 Years
|Names earned||King of Spin, Nepal’s Shane Warne|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 168 cm
in meters– 1.68 m
in feet inches– 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 55 kg
in pounds– 121 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 36 inches
– Waist: 28 inches
– Biceps: 10 inches
|International Debut||List A– 8 February 2018 against Namibia at Windhoek, Namibia|
|Jersey Number||#25 (Domestic)|
|Coach/Mentor(s)||Pubudu Dassanayake, Raju Khadka|
|Domestic/State Team(s)||Delhi Daredevils, Kowloon Cantons, Biratnagar Kings, Western Suburbs District Cricket Club, Lalitpur Patriots, St Kitts, and Nevis Patriots|
|Bowling Style||Legbreak googly|
|Records (main ones)||• In 2016, he became the fifth bowler to take a hat-trick in the ICC Under-19 World Cup when he picked 5 wickets against Ireland.
• In the same year, he became Nepal’s leading wicket-taker by picking 14 wickets in six matches.
• He also became the second highest wicket-taker in the 2016 ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup in Bangladesh.
• In 2018, he became the first Nepali player to be selected in the Caribbean Premier League (CPL).
|Career Turning Point||When he took a hat-trick in the under-19 World Cup in 2016.|
|Date of Birth||2 August 2000|
|Age (as of 2022||22 Years|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Listening to music, Singing, Playing Guitar|
|Controversy||In September 2022, a 17-year-old girl filed a complaint against Lamichhane at Gaushala Metropolitan Police Circle. According to police, the crime was committed on 21 August 2022. According to the girl, she was a fan of the cricketer, and they would often interact with each other via WhatsApp and Snapchat. The Free Press Journal|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father– Chander Narayan Lamichhane (An employee in Indian Railway)
Mother– Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother– Mohan Lamichhane (Elder)
Sister– Indu Lamichhane Neupane
|Cricketer(s)||Batsman– Sachin Tendulkar
Bowler– Shane Warne
|Salary (approx.)||Rs. 20 Lakh (IPL 2018) Economictimes|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sandeep Lamichhane
- Does Sandeep Lamichhane smoke?: Not Known
- Does Sandeep Lamichhane drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Sandeep was born in Nepal. Though his family shifted to India when he was a child, he stayed in Nepal to fulfil his dream of becoming a cricketer. Later, he also came to India.
- Lamichchane took interest in cricket when he was just six or seven years old and lived in Haryana, India where he spent his 5 years.
- At the age of 11, he moved to Nepal and joined the ‘Chitwan Cricket Academy‘ in Narayangarh, Bharatpur, Nepal where he received training under the guidance of Raju Khadka.
- In May 2016, he was playing for ‘Kowloon Cantons’ at the inaugural ‘Hong Kong T20 Blitz.’ Australian cricketer Michael Clarke was impressed with his performance and sponsored his tour for ‘Michael Clarke Cricket Academy.’
- Lamichchane also got the chance to play ‘Australian Grade Cricket’ in Sydney, Australia.
- In the same year, he got selected in the ‘Nepal Under-19’ cricket team and played his first match for ‘2016 ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup’ in Bangladesh.
- In 2017, he received NNIPA Award for the ‘Best Youth Player of the Year.’
- In 2018, he got an opportunity to play for ‘Nepal’ in the ‘ICC World Cricket League Division Two’ and made his debut against ‘Namibia’, in which he picked 4 wickets by giving just 18 runs and declared as the ‘Man of the Match.’
- Lamichchane is the brand ambassador for ‘Invento Engineering & Consultant Private Limited.’
- He is the first Nepali cricketer to have played in the ‘Indian Premier League.’ ‘Delhi Daredevils’ bought him for ₹20 lakhs in the ‘2018 IPL’ auction.
- Lamichchane was also named among the top 10 players for the ‘2018 Cricket World Cup Qualifier’ tournament by International Cricket Council.
- Here is an Interview of Sandeep Lamichhane.