Marriage Date: 9 December 1998
Wife: Maheep Kapoor
Age: 62 Years
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 70 kg
in Pounds- 154 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||17 October 1960|
|Age (as of 2022)||62 Years|
|Birthplace||Chembur, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Debut||Film Actor: Prem (Hindi, 1995)
Film Producer: Kya Time Hai Yaar (2009)
TV Actor: Karishma – The Miracles of Destiny (2003-04)
|Family||Father– Late Surinder Kapoor (Producer)
Mother– Nirmal Kapoor
Brothers– Boney Kapoor (Elder, Producer), Anil Kapoor (Elder, Actor)
Sister– Reena Kapoor
|Hobbies||Doing Yoga, Travelling, Listening to Music|
|Actor(s)||Raj Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marriage Date||Year, 2002|
|Children||Son– Jahaan Kapoor
Daughter– Shanaya Kapoor (Student)
|Car Collection||BMW 5 Series Sedan|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sanjay Kapoor
- He was born to a film producer in Mumbai.
- He grew up in Chembur, a suburb of Greater Mumbai.
- After completing his 10 standard education, he desired to study abroad. However, one of his dad’s films did not do well at that time and he couldn’t get the chance to study abroad.
- His mother and Raj Kapoor’s wife, Krishna were good friends.
- Sanjay Kapoor is a childhood friend of Raj Kapoor’s son Rajiv Kapoor.
- Sanjay made his debut with the 1995 Hindi film- “Prem,” opposite Tabu. The film was released after much delay; as it was in production since 1989. However, the film bombed at the Box Office.
- His next film- “Raja” (1995), opposite Madhuri Dixit, was also a hit at the Box Office.
- Even after appearing as a lead actor in several films such as- “Auzaar” (1997), “Mohabbat” (1997), “Sirf Tum” (1999), etc., he couldn’t establish himself as a successful leading actor; as most of his films collapsed at the Box Office.
- His performance as a psychotic husband in the 2002 film- “Koi Mere Dil Se Poochhe,” opposite Esha Deol, was highly praised.
- He did a cameo in the 2017 film- “Mubarakan.” It was the first film in which he appeared along with his brother Anil Kapoor.
- In 2017, Vikram Bhat cast him for his upcoming television serial- “Ishq Gunaah” opposite Smriti Kalra.
- In September 2022, his wife, Maheep Kapoor, revealed on Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives that he once cheated on her. While Maheep was speaking to Seema Sajdeh on Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives, she said,
Initially, in my marriage, there was an indiscretion that Sanjay had or whatever. I walked out with Shanaya. I stood up for myself but then, I had a newborn baby. Again, as a woman and as a mother, the first priority is my child. I owed my daughter this amazing father, which he is. I owed it to myself. And if I look back and if I broke this s**t up, I would have regretted it all my life. Because when my kids walk into my home, my husband walks into my home, this is their sanctuary. They need to feel peace. And I feel Sanjay gives that to me also.” Hindustan Times