|Known For||Being appointed as the CEO of Jet Airways in March 2022|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Hair Colour||Salt and Pepper|
|Date of Birth||Not Known|
|Birthplace||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Hometown||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|School||La Martiniere, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh Sanjiv Kapoor’s LinkedIn Account|
|College/University||• Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire
• University of Pennsylvania
|Educational Qualification(s)||• School education from La Martiniere, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
• 1990: Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science from Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire
• 1996: Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Strategic Management from The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania Sanjiv Kapoor’s LinkedIn Account
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||19 February 1992|
|Children||Son– Shiv Kapoor
Daughter– Joya Kapoor
|Siblings||He has a sister.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sanjiv Kapoor
- Sanjiv Kapoor is an Indian travel industry veteran who served as the president of the Oberoi Hotels till February 2022, and on 4 March 2022, it was announced by Jet Airways that Sanjiv Kapoor would be the CEO of Jet Airways.
- Senior Product Line Manager and at
- In August 1998, Sanjiv Kapoor was appointed as a Senior Manager of Northwest Airlines, St Paul Minneapolis and served the position for six years from August 1998 to July 2004. Sanjiv Kapoor worked in the finance, strategic, corporate planning, alliances, cargo, MRO, and procurement areas of the company.
, Singapore, and he worked there till
Sanjiv Kapoor was appointed as the Chief Executive Officer of GMG Airlines, Dhaka, Bangladesh, in July 2011 and worked there till December 2012. In GMG Airlines, Sanjiv Kapoor worked as an
- In July 2021, Sanjiv Kapoor was appointed as the President of
I am happy to have Sanjiv join our team… I am certain he will be able to lead Jet Airways and make it become the most preferred full-service carrier of India. Sanjiv is a seasoned aviation professional.… I always believe in investing in human capital and by having Sanjiv as the CEO and Vipula as the CFO, I am certain Jet Airways will reclaim its lost glory and surpass everyone’s expectation.”
In the same press conference, Sanjiv Kapoor stated that he would look forward to rebuilding Jet Airways as a people-focused airline. He said,
Working together with a very strong team of experienced aviation professionals that is being put together by the Jalan-Kalrock Consortium, I look forward to leading the charge in rebuilding Jet Airways into the most preferred customer-oriented airline once again, a people-focused airline for the digital age.”
Sanjiv Kapoor added Jet Airways was not in operation for three years, and he would try to take it to the skies again. He said,
I am looking forward to getting back to aviation. Even though Jet Airways has been out of operation for three years, it still has a large fan base of loyal customers who miss it every day and can’t wait for it to take to the skies again.”
- Sanjiv Kapoor remains very active on various social media platforms. He has over 43k followers on Twitter. In one of his Instagram posts, Sanjiv Kapoor revealed that he got married to his wife, Upasna Kapoor, in front of the Qutub Minar grounds with the lit-up tower in the background. He was in a four years relationship with Upasana Kapoor before getting married to her in 1992.
- Reportedly, Jet Airways stopped its flights on 17 April 2019, and it re-launched its operations process along with its new promoters Jalan-Kalrock Consortium during the first quarter of 2022 and made various new appointments at the beginning of 2022 including Sanjiv Kapoor as its CEO.
- Sanjiv Kapoor is considered a thought leader in the aviation industry. He is often invited as a speaker and panellist at various industry events and college campuses. Sanjiv Kapoor also worked as an advisor to various Indian government policies on aviation.
- In March 2022, soon after his appointment as the CEO of Jet Airways, Sanjiv Kapoor tweeted his ‘love affair’ with the aviation industry, and he also thanked The Oberoi Group for his work stint there. He wrote,
This article below captures my love affair with aviation, and why I came back to it after a fantastic stint with the wonderful folks at The Oberoi Group, from whom I learnt a lot. They are truly a legendary Indian brand and success story. Thank you.”
- In his leisure time, Sanjiv Kapoor likes listening to music, playing cricket, doing aviation activities, travelling to distant locations, and photography. Reading books is his passion since childhood.