|Full name||Sarita Catherine Louise Choudhury Wion|
|Famous Role||Meena in the film Mississippi Masala (1991)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 165 cm
in meters– 1.65 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 58 kg
in pounds– 127 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||36-25-36|
|Debut||Film: Mississippi Masala (1991) as Meena
TV: Down Came a Blackbird (1995) as Myrna
Short Film: Dinner Party (1997) as Rosie
|Award||In 2022, she won Best Supporting Actress for the movie The Green Knight.|
|Date of Birth||18 August 1966 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||56 Years|
|Birthplace||Blackheath, London, England|
|Hometown||Blackheath, London, England|
|College/University||Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario, Canada|
|Educational Qualification||She studied economics and film at Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. Queen’s University|
|Ethnicity||She is half Indian and half English.|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Riding a cycle|
|Relationships & More|
|Husband/Spouse||Name Not Known (war photographer)|
|Parents||Father– Prabhas Chandra Choudhury (scientist)
Mother– Julia Patricia
• Kumar Michael Choudhury
• Chandra Paul Choudhury
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sarita Choudhury
- Sarita Choudhury is a British actress who is known for playing the role of Meena in the film Mississippi Masala (1991).
- When she was a child, she used to acquire the accents of the places she lived. In an interview, she said that her brothers used to make fun of how fast she learned the accent.
- When she was four years old, she started taking dance lessons. When she turned sixteen, she wanted to become a dancer or an actress.
- While she was studying at Queen’s University, she would act in the films made by her classmates. In an interview, she said that she was first introduced to films when one of her professors from the university gave her a job translating scripts.
- She has appeared in various Hollywood films including Wild West (1992), A Perfect Murder (1998), 3 A.M. (2001), It Runs in the Family (2003), and The Last Photograph (2017).
- She has featured in various television shows including Homicide: Life on the Street (1998), Law & Order (2004), The Philanthropist (2009), Divorce (2016), and Strangers (2018).
- She has featured in many short films including Exactly (2004), Woman in Burka (2008), Monarchs and Men (2012), Love Comes Later (2015), and Human Terrain (2019).
- After she finished the film Mississippi Masala, she wanted to study further, but she was offered many roles in films.
- Sarita was always offered to play the character that belonged to different nationalities including South American and Bosnian.
- In 2010, in an interview, Sarita said that she wanted to shift to India and work in Bollywood films. She further said that she wanted to make her life culturally rich. In the interview, she further added,
I want to [move to India]. People think I don’t want to come back. They think I want to be in America as it has been really good to me. But I need something more culturally rich now. I’d like to do it soon. I think I should do it soon.”
- When she was preparing for the film Kama Sutra: A Tale of Love (1996), she spent three weeks rehearsing classical Indian Dance in Bangalore. In an interview, she talked about her film Kama Sutra which had a lot of sensuality and said that she did nude scenes in the films only when she trusted the director of the film.
- In an interview, she talked about Indian cinema and said,
Thankfully Indian cinema is not just about Bollywood anymore, because that kind of cinema is not really my taste. But there are smaller films, more original and more real, that are also being made and I want to be a part of such cinema.”
- In 2021, at the age of fifty, Sarita was featured in the show, And Just Like That. In an interview, she talked about ageism and said,
When you turn 50, you’re told that you’re done. In 2021, most marriages didn’t last until people were in their fifties. You were back on the dating scene. You’re having some bad dates, maybe a few good ones. There are a lot of things going on. In your thirties, you go to the disco or you go to the cool bar. Where do you go in your fifties? What is the scene?’ They’ve done a good job in us trying to figure that out ourselves and making a lot of mistakes.”
- In 2022, Sarita was featured in the Diwali episode of the series ‘And Just Like That.’ In the episode, she was seen shopping in the market with her friend who was looking for an outfit to wear at her family’s Diwali celebration. However, when her friend arrived at the party, she was not wearing a sari. She wore a lehenga. Many fans criticized the show for referring to the lehenga as a saree. Showbiz Cheat Sheet