|Known for||Being the mother of legendary Indian singers Lata Mangeshkar and Asha Bhosle|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Hair Colour||Salt and Pepper|
|Date of Birth||25 March 1908 (Wednesday)|
|Birthplace||Thalner, Maharashtra, India|
|Date of Death||16 June 1995|
|Place of Death||Maharashtra, India|
|Age (at the time of death)||87 Years|
|Death Cause||Natural Death The Indian Express|
|Hometown||Thalner, Maharashtra, India|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Widow|
|Marriage Date||1927 (year)|
|Children||Son– Hridaynath Mangeshkar
• Lata Mangeshkar
• Meena Mangeshkar
• Asha Bhosle
• Usha Mangeshkar
Grand Daughters– 2
• Varsha Bhosle
• Radha Mangeshkar
• Hemant Bhosle
• Anand Bhosle
Great Grand Child– Chaitanya Bhosle
|Parents||Father– Seth Haridas Ramdas Lad
Mother– Name Not Known
|Siblings||Sister– Narmada Mangeshkar (Shrimati)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shevanti Mangeshkar
- Shevanti Mangeshkar was an Indian woman who is known for being the wife of an Indian musician, theatre actor, and Hindustani classical singer ‘Deenanath Mangeshkar.’ She was the mother of legendary Indian singers Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle, Meena Khadikar, Usha Mangeshkar, and Hridaynath Mangeshkar, who is a music composer.
- Shevanti Mangeshkar was the daughter of a rich Gujarati businessman named ‘Seth Haridas Ramdas Lad’ in Thalner, Maharashtra. Shevanti was nineteen years old when she got married to twenty-one years old Deenanath Mangeshkar. Reportedly, the marriage ceremony of Shevanti and Deenanath Mangeshkar was not attended by her mother. It was a private marriage ceremony, which was arranged at their house.
- Shevanti was named ‘Sudhamati’ soon after her marriage by her in-laws.
- Shevanti Mangeshkar was the second wife of Deenanath Mangeshkar. Deenanath got married to Narmada, who was later renamed “Shrimati” by her in-laws in 1922. Narmada passed away soon after the death of her infant daughter, whom they called Latika. Deenanath Mangeshkar got remarried in 1927 to Shevanti. The couple parented five children named Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle, Meena Khadikar, Usha Mangeshkar, and Hridaynath Mangeshkar.
- After fifteen years of marriage with Shevanti Mangeshkar, Deenanath Mangeshkar died. The whole responsibility of the family was then held by Shevanti Mangeshkar’s eldest daughter Lata Mangeshkar, who learnt Indian classical music and singing from her father Deenanath Mangeshkar. Lata Mangeshkar was thirteen years old when her father died.
- On 16 June 1995, Shevanti Mangeshkar died a natural death at her home in Maharashtra, India. She lived for fifty-three years after the death of her husband, Deenanath Mangeshkar.
- On 16 June 2017, Lata Mangeshkar remembered her mother on her death anniversary and took to her Twitter account to write an emotional note for Shevanti Mangeshkar. Lata Mangeshkar wrote that her mother taught her children to live with self-respect. She wrote,
After my father passed away, for almost 53 years, my mother also played the role of my father. We learnt to live with self-respect from our mother. Even today you are my strength, even today I follow your teachings and your path, and day and night I reminisce about you and father.”