|Other name||Shiv Subrahmanyam
|Profession(s)||Actor, Playwriter, Theatre Artist, Film & Play Director, and Screenwriter|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 180 cm
in meters– 1.80 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 11”
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Debut||Film (actor, screenwriter, and assistant director): ‘Parinda’ (1989) as Francis
|Awards||• 1990: Filmfare Award for Best Screenplay for Parinda
• 2006: Filmfare Award for Best Story for Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi shared with Sudhir Mishra and Ruchi Narain
|Date of Birth||23 December 1959 (Wednesday)|
|Date of Death||10 April 2022|
|Place of Death||Mumbai|
|Age (at the time of death)||62 Years|
|Death Cause||Prolonged illness caused by pancreatic cancer Navbharat Times|
|School||AISSMS Shri Shivaji Preparatory Military School, Pune (1967-1976)|
|College/University||St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||BA in English Literature (1977-1980)
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Married|
|Marriage Date||17 November|
|Wife/Spouse||Divya Jagdale (theatre artist and actor)
|Children||Son– Jahaan Subrahmanyam (died in February 2022 due to a brain tumour)
|Parents||Father– Balaram Subrahmanyam
Mother– Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother– Rajlakshmi Dravid (image in parents’ section)
Sister– Raja Subrahmanyam
Some Lesser Known Facts About image/jpeg
- Shiv Kumar Subramaniam was an Indian theatre artist, film & play director-actor, playwriter, and screenwriter. He took his last breath on 10 April 2022 in Mumbai.
- While he was studying in school, he used to perform in various extra-curricular activities like drama competitions. He was also the editor of his school’s newspaper.
- He loved to play football and basketball, and do horse riding while he was in school and college.
- He acted in many Hindi films including ‘1942: A Love Story’ (1994), ‘Kaminey’ (2009), ‘Stanley Ka Dabba’ (2011), ‘That Girl in Yellow Boots’ (2011), ‘2 States’ (2014), and ‘Hichki’ (2018).
- He was a well-known Bollywood screenwriter and worked as a screenwriter in the Hindi film such as ‘1942: A Love Story’ (story & screenplay; 1994), ‘Arjun Pandit’ (screenplay; 1999), ‘Chameli’ (screenplay; 2003), and ‘Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi’ (original story & screenplay; 2005).
- He gained immense popularity with the Hindi TV serial ‘Mukti Bandhan’ (2011) in which he played the role of Ishwarlal Motilal Virani.
- Shiv also worked as a theatre artist, writer, and director in many theatre plays.
- He was featured in a few TV commercials such as OLX, Cadbury Dairy Milk Crispello, and PhonePe.
- In his leisure time, he used to read books and spend time with his family and friends.
- His favourite quote as per his Facebook account was,
The meaning of life is…I forget.”
- On 10 April 2022, he took his last breath, and his last rites were performed on 11 April 2022 at Mokshdham Hindu Shamshanbhoomi, Ceasar Rd, Amboli, Andheri West, Mumbai. The Pakistani journalist, artist, and filmmaker Beena Sarwar shared her grief on his demise on Twitter. She tweeted,
Gutted to hear this news. Incredibly tragic, esp as it happened just two months after the passing of his and Divya’s only child – Jahaan, taken by a brain tumour 2 weeks before his 16th birthday. RIP #ShivkumarSubramaniam”