|Full Name||Shreyas Anil Talpade Zauba Corp|
|Profession(s)||Actor, Director, Theatre Artist, and Producer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 170 cm
in meters– 1.70 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 7”
|Debut||TV (Hindi; As an actor): Woh (1998) as young Ashutosh Dhar
Film (Marathi; As an actor): Bhet (2001)
Film (Hindi; As an actor): Aankhen (2002) as Mushtaq Chaiwala
|Awards||• 2006: Zee Cine Award for Best Actor (Critics) for Iqbal
• 2007: Screen Award for Best Comedian for Dor
• 2008: Stardust Award for Breakthrough Performance– Male for Om Shanti Om
• 2018: Maharashtra Achievers’ Awards for Entertainer of the Year (Male)
• 2021: Best Actor award (Yash) for Mazi Tuzi Reshimgath
|Date of Birth||27 January 1976 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||46 Years|
|School||Shree Ram Welfare Society’s High School, Andheri West, Mumbai|
|College/University||Mithibai College of Arts, Chauhan Institute of Science & Amruthben Jivanlal College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation The Free Press Journal|
|Controversies||• ‘Wah Taj’ Film Controversy
Shreyas, along with the makers of the Marathi film ‘Wah Taj’ was issued a legal notice for spreading misleading information among the people for the sake of the promotion of the film. The team of the ‘Wah Taj’ distributed the posters in Agra and nearby cities. On the posters, it was written that the Taj Mahal will be closed to tourists from 23 September 2016. India Today During an interview, while giving the clarification on the incident, Shreyas said,
“I got to know that there has been a legal notice sent to the makers of the film, but it was just a part of the movie promotions and marketing strategy, I don’t understand why it is taken to another level by blowing it up.”
• Accused of Theft
During the coronavirus lockdown in 2021, the Indian film producer Rahul Bhandare filed a complaint against Shreyas and Suresh Sawant (Indian film director) for using his property without his permission and violating the guidelines of the pandemic. Woman’s Era While talking to the reporters, Rahul said,
“Due to Corona’s influence theatres were closed, during the period of lockdown. Therefore, the set of my play ‘Albatya Galbatya’ was placed in Praveen Bhosale’s godown at Kolsa Bunder, Kala Chowki. However, the set was stolen from the godown by Suresh Sawant without any preconceived notions and was used for the one-act shoot of Shreyas Talpade’s OTT platform. A commercial shooting was carried out at Swatantryaveer Savarkar Natyagriha illegally using the set of Albatya’s play ‘Galbatya’ in violation of government rules during the lockdown, even though theatres across Maharashtra are banned.”
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Deepti Talpade (psychiatrist)|
|Marriage Date||31 December 2004
|Children||Daughter– Aadya Talpade (born on 6 May 2018 through surrogacy)
|Parents||Father– Anil Talpade
Mother– Name Not Known
|Other Relative(s)||Paternal Aunt: Meena T. and Jayshree T. (veteran actresses; his father’s sisters)
|Film||Chupke Chupke (1975)|
|Cuisine(s)||Indian, Chinese, Thai|
|Restaurant||Firangi Dhaba at Lokhandwala, Mumbai|
|Car Collection||• Mercedes Benz
• Honda Accord
• Audi Q7
• Kia Seltos
• Audi A8L News 18
|Fees/Income (approx.)||Rs 40,000 to Rs 45,000 per episode for TV serial (as of 2022) The Times of India|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shreyas talpade
- Shreyas Talpade is an Indian actor, director, theatre artist, and producer. He mainly works in Marathi and Hindi films.
- Since his childhood, he was inclined toward acting. He used to perform in various stage plays in his school, and once he played the role of Sita and Draupadi in the stage plays.
- Even in college, he participated in dramatics, but his mother wanted him to work as a banker. Shreyas then appeared in various competitive exams for banking, but he could not clear the preliminary tests. Rediff
- After completing his graduation, he started performing in theatre plays. Initially, he used to perform in 30-35 theatre plays in a day. During an interview, while remembering his struggling days, he said,
I remember going to Mukta Arts office in Bandra to drop off my pictures because Subhash Ghai was casting for a film and I was angling for a role, not for the lead. While climbing those stairs, I saw posters of his blockbusters including Karma and Ram Lakhan and thought, ‘Oh God, when will I have a poster like this?’ A few years later, they called to cast me in Apna Sapna Money Money and as I climbed up the stairs, I saw a big poster of Iqbal on the wall. That moment was both fulfilling and humbling.”
- Shreyas has appeared in various Marathi TV serials such as ‘Avantika’ (2001), ‘Ek Hota Raja’ (2003), ‘Bedhund Manachi Lehar’ (2003), and ‘Mazhi Tuzhi Reshimgath’ (2021).
- In 2005, he came into the limelight with his performance in the Hindi film ‘Iqbal’ in which he played the lead role. In an interview, he shared an interesting story when the director of the film Nagesh Kukunoor asked him to cancel his wedding. He said,
Here I was, a middle-class guy whose wedding cards had gone out, being told to cancel it; I didn’t know what to do. It was after a lot of convincing, and assuring him that I would keep the wedding under wraps, that he let me have a day off. When Subhash ji saw her (his wife) too many times at screenings and enquired, Nagesh told him who she really was. He refused to believe I was married. To him, I was an 18-year-old boy who had a child marriage and was not even feeding his wife, making her faint (laughs).”
- Some of his Marathi films as an actor are ‘Aai Shappath..!’ (2006), ‘Sanai Choughade’ (2008), ‘Poshter Boyz’ (2014), and ‘Aapdi Thaapdi’ (2022).
- He has acted in many Hindi films such as ‘Apna Sapna Money Money’ (2006), ‘Dor’ (2006), and ‘Aggar’ (2007).
- He was roped in the 2007 Hindi film ‘Om Shanti Om’ to play the role of Shah Rukh Khan’s best friend.
- He gained immense popularity for playing the role of Lakshman in the series of the Hindi film ‘Golmaal: Fun Unlimited’ (2006) such as ‘Golmaal Returns’ (2008), ‘Golmaal 3’ (2010), and ‘Golmaal Again’ (2017).
- In 2009, during an interview, Shreyas shared that he wanted to join politics. He further shared that he loved the ideologies of the then Prime Minister of India Manmohan Singh. The Times of India In an interview, while talking about it, he said,
Though I did not get a chance to meet our Prime Minister, I thoroughly enjoyed listening to his speech on various topics like the 26/11 issue and the economic meltdown. It was well thought-out and well-spoken. Interestingly, I had contested elections during college days, when I had bagged only four votes. That was a time when I felt I should try my hand at everything, so I stood for college elections too. It was a great experience.”
- Apart from acting, he has also worked as a director and producer in various films and TV series including ‘Poshter Boyz’ (2014) and Marathi TV serial ‘Tumcha Amcha Same Asta’ (2015) which was produced under his film production company Affluence Movies Private Limited, Mumbai. In 2017, he directed the Hindi version of the Marathi film ‘Poshter Boyz’ renamed ‘Poster Boys.’
- He has also appeared as a judge in the TV reality comedy show ‘The Great Indian Laughter Challenge’ in 2005.
- He played the role of Aditya Tendulkar in the Hindi web series ‘Baby Come Naa’ (2018) which streamed on the OTT platform ALTBalaji.
- Shreyas has acted in a few Hindi TV serials like ‘Partners Trouble Ho Gayi Double’ (2017) and ‘My Name Ijj Lakhan’ (2019).
- In 2018, he made a cryptic tweet which he deleted within a few minutes. His tweet raised the eyebrows of his fans, and they started enquiring about his tweet. NDTV His tweet reads,
Main iss Bollywood industry se pakk chooka hoon. I’m leaving this industry right now. If you’re happy… like. If you overjoyed rt.”
- He has featured in various TV commercials of Airtel India.
- In 2019, he dubbed the character of Timon in the Hindi version of the animated English film ‘The Lion King.’
- He started an OTT platform for theatre ‘Nine Rasa’ on 9 April 2021.
- Shreyas has also dubbed for the character of Pushpa (played by Allu Arjun) in the Hindi version of the popular Telugu film ‘Pushpa: The Rise.’
- In 2022, he appeared in the Hindi film ‘Kaun Pravin Tambe?’ (2022) based on the life of the Indian cricketer Pravin Tambe.
- Shreyas Talpade is a hard-core non-vegetarian. The Times of India
- He drinks alcohol during various parties and events.
- He regularly reads books and does meditation.
- He is a dog lover and has two pet dogs named Don and Knight.
- He is an ardent devotee of Lord Ganesha.
- Shreyas has been featured on various magazine covers such as Buddy Life and Cita Del.