|Nickname(s)||Sid and Siddhu Facebook- Sidharth Sagar Facebook- Alka Sharma|
|Other Name||Siddharth Sagar Siasat Daily|
|Profession(s)||Comedian, Mimicry Artist, Actor|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 170 cm
in meters– 1.70 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 7”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||TV (As a stand-up comedian): Comedy Circus- Chinchpokli To China (2009)
TV (As an actor): Pritam Pyare Aur Woh (2014) as Pritam
Film (As an actor): Vellapanti (2022) as Shampy
|Date of Birth||15 June 1993 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||29 Years|
|School||Ahlcon International School, Delhi|
|Controversies||• Tiff with the Indian Comedian Bharti Singh
In 2016, while he was working on the TV comedy show ‘Comedy Nights Live’ along with the Indian comedian Bharti Singh, he slapped Bharti Singh a bit too hard during their rehearsals for an act. India Today During an interview, while talking about the incident, Sidharth said,
“While performing, we sometimes experience an overflow of emotions. Thus, I might have hit Bharti hard but it was never intentional. There have been times when she threw me to the ground while performing an act but I never complained. It is a sad misconception that Bharti has and thus the overall misunderstanding. Her boyfriend Harsh (also the writer of the show) came up to me and told me never to touch Bharti again. That was uncalled for. Who’s he to talk to me that way? How did he dare to be rude to me? I was just part of an act. I was truly hurt, when I was hurled with accusations but I am not at fault, and I maintain that.”
According to the sources, he was even asked to leave the show. During an interview, he talked about it, he said,
“About the throwing me out, well they offered me shows but I denied. I do not want to work with the Optimystix team. There have differences at the creative and casting level, hence I would like to maintain my distance. I have a nine year relationship with Optimystix and they will never let any injustice happen to me. As far as projects are concerned, I have reached a point where I want to do solo shows and not be a supporting cast. If they are ready to give me that I will oblige whole heartedly.”
• Sent in Rehab for Drug Addiction
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Subuhi Joshi (ex-fiancée; actor and model)
|Engagement Date||November 2018
|Parents||Father– Sirish Sagar (painter)
Mother– Alka Sagar (painter and chairperson at an NGO named Mumbai Animal Association)
|Siblings||Sister– Karuna Sagar (elder)
|Song||Enna Sona from OK Jaanu (2017)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sidharth Sagar
- Sidharth Sagar is an Indian actor, comedian, and mimicry artist. He became popular with his role as ‘Selfie Mausi’ in the Hindi TV comedy show ‘Comedy Classes’ (2014).
- When he was 8 years old, he started his career as a stand-up comedian and performed at various stage shows.
- In the initial years of his career, after working in a few comedy shows in Mumbai, he returned to Delhi. There, he joined a spiritual group named Divya Jyoti Jagrati Sansthan. He did a meditation course there under the spiritual guru Shri Ashutosh Maharaj.
- At one of his press conferences, Sidharth shared that at the age of 14, he started his restaurant in Delhi with the name ‘Nukkad Bhukkad.’
- He has participated in various TV comedy shows such as ‘Chhote Miyan Bade Miyan’ (2009), ‘Laughter Ke Phatke’ (2010), and ‘Comedy Ka Daily Soap’ (2010).
- In 2012, he appeared in Sony TV’s comedy show ‘Comedy Circus Ke Ajoobe’ in which he was teamed with the Indian comedians Krishna Abhishek and Sudesh Lehri.
- In 2014, he gained immense popularity with his role as ‘Selfie Mausi’ in the Life OK’s TV show ‘Comedy Classes.’
While shooting for the TV show, he met the Indian actress Subuhi Joshi. They became friends on the sets of the TV show, and soon, fell in love with each other. A few months later, they started facing problems in their relationship. The duo then decided to break up. Later, when Subuhi got the news that Sidharth was facing some major problems in his personal life, Subuhi decided to contact Sidharth. She texted him a message on Instagram, and the duo decided to give a second chance to their relationship. In 2018, they got engaged in a private ceremony in Delhi. However, within a few months of their engagement, the couple parted ways. In an interview, when Sidharth was asked about the same. He said,
Subuhi and I are no longer together, we have called off our engagement. We had parted ways in 2016, because of my mother, as she wasn’t in favour of this relationship. However, Subuhi reconnected with me last year, and we got back together. Everything was going good, but then compatibility issues cropped up. We called off our engagement two-and-a-half months ago.”
In an interview, while talking about breaking the engagement, Subuhi said,
When we separated in 2016, he blamed his mother for it. However, she wasn’t entirely responsible for what happened; I realized it only after staying with him post our engagement. The problem is with his attitude and behaviour, but I did try my best to save the relationship. I have seen his dark side; he loses his cool over petty issues and can get violent. Woh haath uthaata hai aur cheezein phekta hai.”
- Sidharth then appeared in many Hindi TV comedy shows like ‘Comedy Nights Live’ (2016), ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’ (2017), ‘Gangs of Filmistan’ (2020), and ‘Zee Comedy Show’ (2021).
- He has worked as a stand-up comedian in various shows organised by SAM Workshops.
- In 2022, he appeared in the fourth season of the popular TV comedy show ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’ in which he played the character of Gharchoddas- Ustaad Ji.
- He has started ‘Sidharth Sagar Productions,’ a broadcasting & media production company.
- He did not have any formal training in singing, but still, he can sing very well.
- He has received many awards for his various TV comedy shows.
- Sidharth loves his pet dogs and parrot. One of his pet dogs’ names is Chulbul.
- In 2022, he bought a car ‘Kia Carnival.’
View this post on Instagram