Hometown: Melbourne, Australia
Marital Status: Divorced
Age: 52 Years
|Famous For||Being the wife of Australian cricketer Shane Warne|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 172 cm
in meters– 1.72 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 55 kg
in pounds– 120 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||35-24-36|
|Hair Colour||Golden Blonde|
|Date of Birth||24 January 1970 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||52 Years|
|Educational Qualification||Post graduate degree in Yoga Brighton Baths Health Club|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||1 September 1995|
|Husband/Spouse||Shane Warne (cricketer) (m.1995- div.2005)
|Children||Son– Jackson Warne
Daughter– Brooke Warne (elder), Summer Warne (younger)
|Parents||Father- Bryan Callahan
Mother- Coral Callahan
|Siblings||Sister- Lisa Callahan|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Simone Callahan
- Simone Callahan is an Australian yoga and fitness trainer. She is known for being the ex-wife of famous Australian cricketer Shane Warne.
- Simone first met Shane Warne at a celebrity event held in Melbourne in 1992. Warne was there to play his first match for Australia. Soon after their first meeting, they started dating each other.
- After seeing each other for almost three years, Simone Callahan got married to Shane Warne on 1 September 1995. Later, they were blessed with three children, a son and two daughters.
- Couple of years later, Simone parted ways from Shane allegedly due to his extramarital affair, and she moved back to her hometown, Melbourne, Australia, with all her three children. In an interview, her husband revealed that he went through the lowest phase of his life after separating from his wife, he said,
I think that was the lowest. The impact on my children, they wouldn’t get to see me and that was my fault…I would go back and raid the mini bar.”
- Although Simone did not shared a great relationship with the cricketer after their breakup, she never restricted their kids from meeting their father. All the three children enjoyed a great relationship with their father and was often spotted spending time with him.
- In 2009, Simone and Shane got close to each other and finally reuniting as a couple, but again went into a very on off kind of relationship, after which they again separated from each other in 2010.
- The yoga enthusiast has worked in promotions and events for corporate companies including the Australian beer lager, Fosters, VRC Racing and the Crown Casino, before moving to the yoga field. Later, she qualified as a yoga teacher.
- In 2017, she completed a 200 hour teacher training at a Melbourne-based yoga school, Ihana. She has since completed a second postgraduate teacher training at Ihana, which delved deeper into training methods to focus on the science of yoga, Sutras, ethics of teaching yoga, modifying practice for students, meditation, pranayama, applied anatomy and Sanskrit.
- Simone Callahan teaches Yoga at Hut Yoga and Wellness, Somers Shala as well as on the beach at Somers in Australia.
- Simone has featured on a number of magazine covers including Australia’s longest running Yoga magazine, Australian Yoga Life a s a fitness instructor.
- During one of her visit to India, Simone Callahan she went to a local bookstore and while picking through books, she came across a copy of B.K.S. Iyengar’s book, Yoga: The Path to Holistic Health and bought the book, unaware of the fact that this chance ‘meeting’ with Mr Iyengar would be the beginning of an enduring yoga path. Remberming about the situation, she said,
I was in the shops in India one day and was lucky enough to pick up one of Mr Iyengar’s books. That was the start of my yoga journey. Back then, it was unbeknown to me that Iyengar was the guru of our day and age.”