|Full name||Simran Rishi Bagga Simran Bagga- Instagram|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 165 cm
in meters– 1.65 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 50 kg
in pounds– 110 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||36–24–36|
|Debut||• Hindi film: Sanam Harjai as Tinu (1995)
• Malayalam film: Indraprastham as Chitra Narayan (1996)
• Kannada film: Simhada Mari as Usha (1997)
• Telugu film: Abbai Gari Pelli as Madhumitha (1997)
• Tamil film: Once More as Kavitha (1997)
• TV: Hindi show Superhit Muqabla as a host on Doordarshan.
• Best Newface Actress for the Tamil movies Nerrukku Ner, Once More and V.I.P. at Dinakaran Film Awards.
• Best Female Debut for Tamil films Nerrukku Ner, Once More and V.I.P. at Filmfare Awards South.
2000: Best Actress in Leading Role for the Telugu movie Kalisundam Raa and Tamil movie Priyamanavale at Film Fan’s Association Awards.
2003: Contribution to Tamil film industry at Kalaimamani Awards.
2018: Woman Icon of Inspiration Award at the Behindwoods Gold Medals Awards.
|Date of Birth||4 April 1976 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||45 Years|
|School||• St. Anthony’s high school, Mumbai
• Children Welfare Centre, Mumbai
|College/University||Mithibai College, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Travelling, cooking, dancing|
|Tattoo(s)||She has a tattoo inked on her left arm and the left side of her chest.
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||2 December 2003|
|Husband/Spouse||Deepak Bagga (Actor)
|Parents||Father– Ashok Naval
Mother– Sharda Naval
• Adheep Odo
• Aadit Veer
|Siblings||Brother– Sumeet Naval
• Radhamonal Naval (Actress)
• Jyothi Anand
Some Lesser Known Facts About Simran Bagga
- Simran Bagga is an Indian actress who is known for appearing in South Indian movies including Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam movies. She has appeared in more than 150 films.
- Simran`s first film Sanam Harjai was the first Indian film that was shot in New Zealand. She appeared in other Hindi films that include Tere Mere Sapne (1996), Muqaddar (1996), Gundagardi (1997).
- She has featured in various Telugu films that include Daddy (2001), Okka Magadu (2008), Kalisundam Raa (2000).
- She also appeared in various television shows that include Tamil shows Simran Thirai on Jaya TV, Agni Paravai Madhavi in 2013 on Puthuyugam TV, and Telugu show Sundarakanda on Gemini TV in 2010.
- She has also appeared in Tamil films that include Kondattam (1998), Jodi (1999), Panchathantiram (2002), Petta (2019) and many more.
- She took a break from the industry after getting married, and made a comeback with the Tamil film Okka Magadu in 2008.
- In an interview, she talked about acting in a film at the age of 40, and after having two kids, she said,
Being a wife or a mother or 40 should not be the criteria for a heroine to get a role. I am very proud to be a wife and mother. It is an essential part of being a woman as far as I’m concerned, but these roles must not define my professional decisions. Of course, I have major responsibilities beyond my profession now. But it becomes easier to balance one’s personal responsibilities with one’s profession when you have a supportive family.”
- In 2004, Simran was one of the participants from India in the Athens Olympic Torch Relay in New Delhi.
- In 2013, Simran and her husband produced a show Dance Tamizha Dance for the channel Zee Tamil. The show ran for two seasons.
- In 2015, they also started a multi cuisine restaurant named “Godka.”
- In 2020, she appeared in the web series Paava Kadhaigal as Madhi.
- In 2021- 2022, she featured in the Tamil films Andhagan, Rocketry: Nambi Vilaivu, Sardar.
- She did advertising for many brands and also became the brand ambassador of the brands. These brands include Fanta, Jeeva soap, Kurkure, Sugar Free Gold and many more.
- She started her own production company ‘Simran And Sons’ in 2015. She appeared in the Hindi music video “Mein Aur Meri Khwaishei,” released on YouTube. In an interview, she talked about the name of the company and said that the idea of keeping the name of the production house was of her husband. He wanted Simran`s name and their son`s name to be highlighted.
- In an interview, she said that she was a Tamil girl. She added,
Tamil is my favourite industry and I feel most comfortable here. When I shoot in other states, I prefer to stay in hotels. But I decided to buy a home in Chennai as I consider this home. In that sense, I’m closest to the Tamil language and culture. I’m a 100 per cent Tamil girl. So I didn’t even consider another industry for my production house.”
- She is an avid dog love and often posts pictures on Instagram.
- She has been featured on various newspapers and magazine covers.