|Full name||Sisir Kumar Adhikari Election Commission of India|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Hair Colour||Salt and Pepper|
|Political Party||• Indian National Congress (1972-1998)
• All India Trinamool Congress (1998-2021)
• Bharatiya Janata Party (March 2021-present)
|Political Journey||• Sisir Adhikari was Member of Gram Panchayat, Basudebpur, West Bengal from 1962-1967.• Adhikari became Commissioner of Contai Municipality, West Bengal from 1969-1971.
• Sisir Adhikari became the Chairman of Contai Municipality, West Bengal in 1971 and joined the Indian National Congress in 1972.
• Adhikari continued to hold the position of Chairman of Contai Municipality, West Bengal till 1981.
• He became the Chairman of Contai Municipality, West Bengal again in 1986 and held the position till 2009.
• He became the Member of the West Bengal Legislative Assembly from Kanthi Dakshin assembly seat(1982-1987).
• During his tenure as the Chairman, Contai Municipality, he joined the newly formed All India Trinamool Congress in 1998.• Adhikari won the Kanthi Dakshin assembly seat again and became a member of the West Bengal Legislative Assembly(2001-2006).
• He contested for West Bengal Legislative Assembly from Egra in 2006 and remained in office till 2009.
• Sisir Adhikari got elected to Lok Sabha thrice in 2009, 2014, and 2019.• Adhikari became Minister of State for Rural Development in 2009 and remained in office till 2012 during Prime Minister Manmohan Singh‘s Government.• He was appointed as Member of the Standing Committee on, Rural Development, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Road Transport & Highways and Shipping from 1 September 2014 – 25 May 2019.
• Adhikari was again appointed as the Member of Standing Committee on Rural Development, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Road Transport & Highways in September 2019.
• Sisir Adhikari joined the Bhartiya Janata Party(BJP) on 21 March 2021, at a rally organised at Egra, Purba Medinipur, in presence of the Union Home Minister Amit Shah.
|Date of Birth||19 September 1941 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||80 Years|
|Birthplace||Karkuli, Purba Medinipur, West Bengal|
|Hometown||Karkuli, Purba Medinipur|
|School||K.M Vidyabhawan (1958)|
|Educational Qualification||I.Sc (apperared in 1960) CEO West Bengal|
|Religion||Hinduism The Wire|
|Address||Vill. Karkuli, P.O. Contai,
Distt. Purba Medinipur-721401,
|Relationships & More|
|Children||Son(s)– Suvendu Adhikari
Note: Sisir Adhikari has four sons and one Daughter.
|Parents||Father– Late Kenaram Adhikari
Mother– Kadambini Adhikari
|Car Collection||• Mahindra XUV 500
• Honda Jazz 2014
|Salary (approx.)||Rs 50,000Lok Sabha|
|Assets/Properties||• One flat at, 37/6A, S.N.Roy Road, Behala, Kol-37 Mouza-Sahapore,
• Plot no-309, 310, & 312 at Mouza-Dharmadasbar.
• Plot no-335,339 at Mouza-Karkuli.Election Commission of India
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs 2,01,74,541 Election Commission of India|
Some Lesser Known Facts About image/jpeg
- Sisir Adhikari was the Convenor of the “Bhumi Uchhed Protirodh Committee” during Nandigram Movement in Singur, West Bengal.
- His son Suvendu Adhikari is also a well-known politician, who joined BJP after parting way from the All India Trinamool Congress.
- Sisir Adhikari held the position of the Chairman of Contai Municipality, West Bengal for around 34 years in total.
- Sisir Adhikari had served approximately 26 years in the Indian National Congress, and 23 years in the All India Trinamool Congress before joining Bharatiya Janata Party in March 2021.
His son Suvendu Adhikari, is contesting the 2021 West Bengal state assembly elections from the Nandigram seat, against his former party’s supremo Mamata Banerjee. While addressing a rally at Egra, Sisir Adhikari said,
It is a battle for the prestige of Medinipur. Whatever Suvendu is saying will turn true, Suvendu will win Nandigram.”