|Real Name||Sohum Shah|
|Other Name||Soham Shah|
|Profession(s)||Actor, Producer, and Entrepreneur|
|Famous Role||Vinayak Rao in Tumbbad (2018)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 180 cm
in meters– 1.80 m
in feet inches– 5’ 11”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 80 kg
in pounds– 176 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 40 Inches
– Waist: 32 Inches
– Biceps: 14 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Film (Actor & Producer): Baabarr (2009) as ‘Baabarr Qureshi’
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||National Awards for Ship of Theseus and Gulabi Gang; as the Producer of these films|
|Date of Birth||Year 1983|
|Age (as in 2019)||36 Years|
|Birthplace||Sri Ganganagar, Rajasthan|
|Hometown||Sri Ganganagar, Rajasthan|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Hobbies||Watching Films, Doing Meditation, Cycling|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Amita Shah (co-producer at Soham Shah’s Production company)
|Children||Son– Not Known
Daughter– 1 (Name Not Known)
|Parents||Father– Name Not Known (a commodities broker; died a few years back)
|Siblings||Brother– Mukesh (elder; film director)
Sister– Not Known
|Favourite Food||Maggi, Paratha, Bhutta (corn)|
|Favourite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Film(s)||Kuch Kuch Hota Hai and Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge|
|Favourite Travel Destination(s)||Amsterdam in Netherlands and Kashmir in India|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sohum Shah
- Soham Shah is an Indian actor and producer who is best known for his films ‘Ship of Theseus’ (2015) and ‘Tumbbad’ (2018).
- Soham was born into a modest family in Rajasthan’s Sri Ganganagar.
- His father was a commodity broker and in his teenage, Soham used to assist his father in the small town of Sri Ganganagar in Rajasthan. Recalling those days, Soham says-
My father was a commodities broker and I started working with him early on. This was the pre-cellphone era; I used to take down messages for him on the landline. I had a shrill voice, and people assumed I was a girl, and they used to say to my father- Apne dukaan pe koi ladki rakhi hui hai, kaam karne ke liye.”
- While growing up in Sri Ganganagar, where everyone was fascinated with movies, Soham also became fascinated with films; especially, Shah Rukh Khan’s films; as he is a big fan of him.
- In an interview, he revealed that it was Shah Rukh Khan‘s DDLJ that inspired him to make a career in acting. While talking about Shah Rukh Khan and DDLJ, he says-
I saw Shah Rukh Khan in Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, and was blown away. It was a combination of many things — the leather jacket, his traipsing around Europe, drinking beer out of a can and the way he charms everyone in the film, even Babuji.”
- He is such a big fan of SRK and his film DDLJ that when the film completed more than 1000 weeks at Mumbai’s Maratha Mandir, he went to see the film alone.
- Soham was so fascinated with the films and filmstars that he forced his brother to get him his first pair of jeans after watching Salman Khan dancing on ‘O O Jaane Jaana.’
- His obsession with movies grew to a point that he wanted to move to Mumbai to become a film star. However, before making a career in Bollywood, he wanted to make himself and his family financially stable, so, he established a real-estate business. While talking about his real-estate business, Soham says-
My real-estate business is where my bread-and-butter comes from. And, I am making movies only because I have that kind of support. I come from a small town (Sri Ganganagar) in Rajasthan and my father was a commodities broker who earned Rs. 3,000 a month. I started working with him when I was 15-16. I started the real-estate business on my own. I moved to try my luck in films only after I had established myself financially. Moving to a big city like Mumbai is anyways very difficult. To do that without financial stability would have been foolish.”
- After making sure that his business was set, Soham left for Mumbai. Once he was there, he realised that the way everything functioned in this city was very different- it was all too fast. Sharing his initial experiences in the city, Soham says-
I was taken aback by the number of people. Everybody was always rushing. I was scared to even order a cup of coffee. I missed my family….I missed the simplicity of home. But it was a race here and I realised I’d have to run too.”
- While in Mumbai, Soham started going for acting workshops and got in touch with a family friend who helped him connect with people from the film industry. And after several auditions and rejections, he finally bagged his debut film- Baabarr.
- Although his debut film could not do well at the box office, he continued making efforts to mark his name in the industry.
- Soon, he started his own production house, Recyclewala Films, to create the content-driven films.
- Soham’s breakthrough came with the critically acclaimed Ship of Theseus, where he played the role of a stockbroker.
- Next, he was seen in the role of a cop in Meghna Gulzar‘s Talvar. He received laurels for his performance in the film.
- After Talvar, he was cast alongside Kangana Ranaut in Hansal Mehta’s Simran in 2017, where he played Sameer, the love interest of Kangana.
- So far, Soham’s most celebrated film is Tumbbad, which was released in 2018. The reviews about the film were peppered with superlatives like “must watch” and “wildly original film.” Tumbbad is considered a horror-fantasy, a treasure hunt, an emotional father-son drama and a cautionary tale about the consequences of endless greed. The film went on to have many prestigious awards.
- Soham loves to have Parle G biscuits by dipping them in a cup of tea.
- His favourite sport is Cricket, and he loves to play it in his leisure time.
- He loves to meditate whenever he gets time from his busy schedule.
- Apart from doing meditation and playing cricket, his other beloved recreational activity is cycling.