Hometown: Comilla, Bangladesh
Height: 5′ 10″
|Other name||Sony Poddar NewsAge|
|Famous For||Being the husband of the Bangladeshi actress Bidya Sinha Saha Mim|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 178 cm
in meters– 1.78 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 70 kg
in pounds– 155 lbs
|College/University||BRAC University, Dhaka|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||4 January 2022
|Marriage Place||Radisson Water Garden Hotel SC, Dhaka|
|Wife/Spouse||Bidya Sinha Saha Mim (Actress)
|Parents||Names Not Known
|Music Artist(s)||The Rawsingers, Deepto|
|Film(s)||Shapludu (2019), Antarjal (2021)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Soni Poddar
- Soni Poddar is a Bangladeshi banker who came into the limelight after his engagement with the Bangladeshi actress and model Bidya Sinha Saha Mim.
- In 2012, Soni joined the Standard Chartered Bank in Dhaka as the Cash Management Operation Officer. While working there, his responsibilities included processing outward remittance (Student File and Commercial remittance) as per client’s requirement, preparing query reports of the Bangladesh Bank Statistics Department for outward remittance, payroll banking, corporate fund transfer, and much more. After serving for almost three years in the organisation, he left his job and shifted to Eastern Bank Limited. There, he worked as the Cash Management Officer.
- Soni Poddar, in 2017, got selected to serve as the Assistant Manager (Operations Project And Support) at the City Bank in Dhaka.
- Poddar first met Bidya Sinha Saha Mim at a common friend’s house party. The couple developed a good bond at their first meeting and later started dating each other.
- Soni and Bidya got engaged to each other on Bidya’s birthday i.e. on 11 November in 2021. Reportedly the couple dated each other for almost six years before the engagement. Bidya Sinha Saha Mim uploaded their engagement video on her YouTube channel “Bidya Sinha Mim.”
- On 4 January 2022, Soni Poddar and Bidya Sinha Saha Mim got married to each other in the presence of some close family friends at Radisson Water Garden Hotel SC, Dhaka. The bride wore a red Sabyasachi Benarsi lehenga and the groom wore a white and pink traditional attire to complement the wedding theme.