|Real Name||Shruthi Ramakrishna Bookmyshow|
|Nickname||Sonu Radio City YouTube|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height Radio City YouTube||in centimeters– 165 cm
in meters– 1.65 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 5”
|Weight||in kilograms– 58 kg Radio City YouTube
in pounds– 127 lbs
|Hair Colour||Medium Brown|
|Debut||Film: Kannada Film: Inthi Ninna Preethiya (2008) as “Namana” Bookmyshow
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Chandanavana Film Critics Award for the movie I Love You (2019)
• Nominated for Filmibeat Award for Best Actress – Kannada for the movie Gultoo (2018) in 2018.
• Nominated for City Cine Award for Best Actress – Kannada for the movie Gultoo (2018) in 2018.
• Nominated for South Indian International Movie Awards (SIIMA) for the movie Gultoo (2018) in 2019.
• Nominated for Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress – Kannada for the movie Kiragoorina Gayyaligalu (2016) in 2017.
|Date of Birth||23 March 1990 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||30 Years|
|School||Carmel High School, Padhmanabhanagar, Bengaluru|
|College/University||Surana College, Bengaluru|
|Educational Qualification||B.Com. DNA|
|Tattoo||On right ankle|
|Controversy||Three photos of Sonu Gowda with a mysterious man were leaked in 2016; the man was rumoured to be a politician’s son. Later, when asked about the same, the actress claimed that it was her husband Manoj Gowda. She was being defamed both personally and professionally. The Indian Express|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Married Times of India|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Manoj Gowda (Businessman) Bangalore Mirror|
|Marriage Date||Year: 2010|
|Husband/Spouse||Manoj Gowda (Businessman) Bangalore Mirror|
|Parents||Father– Ramakrishna (Make-up Artist in Kannada film industry)
|Sibling||Sister– Neha Gowda (aka Neha Ramakrishna)|
|Sweets||Obattu, Shavige Payasam, Carrot Halwa, Coconut Burfi|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sonu Gowda
- Sonu Gowda is an Indian actress who mostly works in the South Indian Film Industry. She came into the limelight after playing the role of “Namana” in the Kannada drama Inthi Ninna Preethiya (2008).
- Sonu is also known for her roles in the Malayalam film Best Actor (2020) in which she played the role of “Savithri,” and in the Kannada film Gultoo (2018) in which she played the role of Pooja/Anagha.
- She is in the sequel of the famous period action film in Kannada “K.G.F: Chapter 2” directed by Prashanth Neel, which was expected to be released on 23 October 2020, but it was delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The movie also includes famous Bollywood stars such as Sanjay Dutt and Raveena Tandon. Firstpost
- Although Sonu Gowda had also started shooting for the film “Yuvarathnaa,” which was supposed to get released on 3 April 2020, it’s release was postponed amid the nationwide lockdown due to the COVID-19.
- She has more than 290k followers on Instagram, and 22.7k followers on Twitter.
- The Karnataka government appointed actress Sonu Gowda as one of the members of the Karnataka Chalanachitra Academy, which is headed by Suneel Puranik. Honoured to be a member of the committee, Sonu says, The Times of India
As soon as I was appointed, I received a booklet from T S Nagabharana which gives a glimpse into why film city is yet to become a reality in Karnataka since the 1970s. Karnataka Chalanachitra Academy plays a key role in hosting film festivals like the Bengaluru International Film Festival, which has become a brand now. As an academy member, I can now give suggestions on how to conduct these festivals in a bigger and better way. The academy also acts as a bridge between the film industry and government.”
- When she had to choose a subject for her graduation, her father asked her to have a degree in Business Communication, but she wanted to study journalism. DNA
I was asked to study B.Com by my dad but given a choice, I would have done a course in journalism. In fact, if I ever decide to study again, I’ll want to take up a media course. I am a fan of Barkha Dutt.”
- She is the first actress to share the screen in the lead role with director Yogaraj Bhat in his first film as an actor in the film “Lalbagh” in which Sonu Gowda plays the role of a TV journalist. The Times Of India
- She is an animal lover, and she often shares posts and images of animals on social media accounts.
- Sonu Gowda’s beauty secret is to have a sound sleep. According to Sonu, she can sleep instantly in a moving car, bus, train, or flight.
People ask me “how you get sleep so nicely?” I say “count my blessings and send prayers to ur loved ones through dreams”? so if anyone is sleeping don’t disturb them, instead allow them to send prayers for their loved ones.”
- She is a nature lover and loves to travel to the destinations where she feels close to Mother Nature. She believes nature to be the best teacher and healer.