|Full name||Sreerama Chandra Mynampati India.com|
|Profession(s)||Singer and Actor|
|Famous For||Being the winner ‘Indian Idol 5’ (2010)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 175 cm
in meters– 1.75 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 9”
|Debut||Film (Telugu; As a Singer): “Life Style” and “Apple” from the dubbed version of Murder (2005)
Film (Hindi; As a Singer): “Madhubala” and “Ishq Risk” (Remix) from ‘Mere Brother Ki Dulhan’ (2011)
Film (Kannada; As a Singer): Sorry Ri Sorry” and “Ye Huduga” from Rose (2014)
Film (Marathi; As a Singer): “DhundiCha Kshan Ha Olathe” in dubbed version of M. S. Dhoni: The Untold Story (2016)
Film (Telugu; As an Actor): Sri Jagadguru Adi Sankara (2013) as Amaraka Maharaju
|Awards & Honours||• Lata Mangeshkar Award from Andhra Pradesh Government (2010)
• B. Sreenivas Award by singer P. B. Sreenivas at Ravindra Bharathi, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
• GIMA 2011 for the best music debut for Rehnuma
• Dainik Prayukti Sammaan on 31 March 2017 at Constitution Club of India, Delhi
Note: He has many more accolades to his name.
|Date of Birth||19 January 1986 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||35 Years|
|Birthplace||Addanki, Andhra Pradesh|
|Hometown||Addanki, Andhra Pradesh|
|School||St. Andrews School, Bowenpally, Secunderabad, Telangana|
|College/University||• Royal Institute of Technology and Science (RITS), Damaragidda, Telangana
• Sri Bhaktha Ramadasu Govt. College of Music and Dance, Hyderabad, Telangana
|Educational Qualification(s)||• BTech from the Royal Institute of Technology and Science (RITS), Damaragidda, Telangana
• A five-year course in Carnatic Vocal The Times of India
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Instagram-Sreerama Chandra|
|Controversies||• Accused by Sri Reddy
He was accused of sending indecent WhatsApp messages to the South Indian actress Sri Reddy in 2018. IB Times Later, she posted the screenshot of their chat on her social media account with the caption,
“Becoz of this few male dominating replies, and few are questioning my sincerity ..I dnt know what kind of a society I am in..so never ever ask me to keep my proofs here ..people forced me to keep the evidence..who are spoons of big people, playing drama very well..feeling sorry that I am living in the male-dominated society..still girls didn’t get independence.”
• Indecent Behaviour with the Stylist
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Hamida (rumoured; actor and Bigg Boss 5 Telugu contestant) The Times of India
|Parents||Father– MSN Prasad (advocate in a High Court)
Mother– Name Not Known
|Siblings||Sister– Ashwini Prasad
|Car Collection||• Mitsubishi Pajero Sport
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sreerama Chandra
- Sreerama Chandra is an Indian singer and actor who mainly works in Telugu films.
- He was born and brought up in a South Indian family in Addanki, Andhra Pradesh.
- He started singing at a very young age. During an interview, he shared his experience of performing on stage for the first time. He said,
As many of my fans know, I come from a humble home with no musical background but was encouraged by my Grandfather to sing with my sister and cousins. My first experience on stage was when I was 8 years old. Surprisingly, I was more excited than nervous because my Uncle, Late Mr. C. Venkatachalam believed in my voice. I sang “Teri Adaaon Pe Marta Hoon” from the Movie, Gupt along with my darling Cousin Sailu. It was then when my musical journey truly began and Music, soon became my passion, my life… I used to spend many hours a day listening to Lataji, Rafi Sahab, Kishore da, Ghantasala Sir, S. P. Balasubramaniam amongst others.”
My passion for music overtook my interest in studies so I was put into a Boarding School for 2 years without much access to music. During this time, the only song that kept my passion close to heart was A. R. Rehman Sir’s Version of “Vande Mataram” which I used to sing at Patriotic occasions in Boarding School. I came back home to pursue my Engineering but was even more driven to pursue Music even if it meant juggling College and Music together.
- Later, he did his training in Carnatic Vocal under the renowned Indian singer Bhaskara Haripriya.
- Apart from singing, he was interested in sports like football, basketball, and badminton since his school days.
- He used to participate in various singing competitions and also performed in various regional music shows while he was studying. Once, the Indian film director Chandu noticed him singing in one of the regional shows and liked his voice, and he offered Sreerama to sing the song “Chirugaalulato” in the Telugu film ‘Notebook’ (2007).
- He came into the limelight after winning season 5 of the singing reality TV show “Indian Idol” (2010). He won a cash prize of Rs. 50 lakhs, a Tata Winger car, a song with Yash Raj Films, and a contract of one year with the music label Sony BMG.
- After the show, his music album ‘Rehnuma’ was released, and later, his other music album ‘Crazy Love’ was released.
- He performed at the closing ceremony of the Commonwealth Games (2010) in New Delhi along with renowned Indian singers like Shankar Mahadevan, Shreya Ghoshal, and Sunidhi Chauhan.
- He has participated in many singing reality TV shows like ‘Ananda Ragam Contest’ ‘Ananda Ragam Contest’ (2004), ‘Amul Star Voice of India’ (2007), ‘Okkare’ (2008), and ‘Jo Jeeta Wohi Super Star 2’ (2012).
- He has recorded songs in various Indian languages including Hindi, Telugu, Kannada, Marathi, and Tamil.
- Some of his songs in Telugu films are “Pragathi S Good Bye” from the film ‘Boni’ (2009), “Nachchavura” from the film ‘Badrinath’ (2011), “Mari Antaga” from ‘Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu’ (2012), and “Anaganaganaga” from ‘Oh! Baby’ (2019).
- Some of his popular songs in the Hindi films include “Subhaanallah” from ‘Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani’ (2013), “Haal-E-Dil (Male)” from ‘Sanam Teri Kasam’ (2016), “Allah Duhai Hai” from ‘Race 3’ (2018), and “Fikar Not” from ‘Chhichhore’ (2019).
- He was featured with the Indian actor Salman Khan in the TV commercial of Maruti Suzuki in 2014.
- Sreerama released various cover songs on YouTube in 2017 which includes ‘Closer x Channa Mereya,’ ‘Let Me Love You x Enna Sona,’ and ‘Peeloon x IshqSufiyana.’
- In 2021, he sang the title track of the Star Plus TV serial ‘Aapki Nazron Ne Samjha.’
- He has also performed at various national and international events.
- Sreerama has worked as an actor in the Telugu films ‘Prema Geema Jaantha Nai’ (2013) and ‘MMOF’ (2021). In an interview, he shared how he thought of becoming an actor. He said,
Acting happened to me. I did not go asking for it. After Indian Idol, I was approached with acting offers. I heard around nine scripts. But I was certain that if I do act, I wanted a good production house, a good director, and clarity about what I was required to do. I heard several scripts but was too busy singing songs to take up anything. I didn’t want to put my music career on hold for acting, because I had just begun getting good singing offers. So, I took some time, thought over.”
- He participated in the TV reality show ‘Bigg Boss 5’ (Telugu) in 2021 hosted by the renowned Indian actor Nagarjuna.
- Sreerama is an animal lover. He has two pet cats and one pet dog named Petril.
- He is a religious person and has a deep faith in Lord Ganesha.
- In an interview, he said that the legendary Indian singer Kishore Kumar was like God to him.